Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: You might find this interesting...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

You know, we'll soon be in October. That's 10 months since the new version was foolishy announced. This is becoming laughable.

I don't care how many bugs were found or how much code needed changing, I could code a new operating system in less time than that, and that includes the time it takes for me to learn how to code.

Do you realise how long TEN months is, for such a relatively simple task?! Let's see; that's 43 weeks or 304 days. Imagine sitting in front of a computer for 304 days just clearing up bugs in a piece of software, and still not having it done. One must assume that only a small amount of these days were/are dedicated to working on the new version, if that it so, then it should be changed. A company should not be run like that.

Also, let's remember the Atomix Team's lengthy holiday, which still doesn't appear to be over, since there is no sign of any new announcements or any comments from them in this forum. Look at the last date that the Atomix 'news' had some "news" added to it. 304 days minus the holiday time....that's 104 days. Still far too long to be working on the new version still. This is getting rather pathetic. I promise you that the moment a piece of software is released by another company that can match Atomix's auto-beatmatching, I will be on their website downloading it immediately and Atomix will have lost another customer. We don't even get any announcements from the Team giving us a bit of news.

And if you don't think that another company will be able to come up with a beat-matching engine as good as Atomix's, think again, they will catch on. It may take a while, but hell, it'll very likely be before Atomix 1.2 is released.

It's just such a terrible shame that the Atomix Team don't read these posts. They might learn a few things about 'the customer'.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 8:46 pm
LOL MiXmAsTeR (not really) ;-)

Let's hope the Atomix team will get its act together by the weekend of October 20th, that's when they will be present at a Music Event in Paris (Mixmove).

It would definitely be rather unfortunate to be present there without the new version.

(1) I agree on the lack of feedback towards the user community (messages like yours should be read as clear indications of "HELLO! Anybody home ?")

(2) I would (personally) not mind to cope with an extra delay if that delay is worthwhile. I silently hope that the Atomix Team decided to add still more features, leading to an even more powerfull version.
Allthough that is the way I interpreted other messages within these forums, I am afraid that it will just be wishfull thinking.

(3) I am still a faithfull user of Atomix. I haven't found anything out there that is as good (put in the context of purpose and price). Which should not be read as : "I didn't look for an alternative"

(4) I have at several occasions offered help. None of these offers has been taken up, which I interpreted as "we can handle it" or "your skills are not the one's that are missing".
- I have offered help on moderation of the forum
- I have offered help for the Bêta tests (then again who didn't)
- I have offered help to build an external control unit (without any reaction from the Team) - In the end I've built one alone, and it's working. All I need is the Atomix version which supports it fully (and I know the 1.2 does, or better: will).
- I have offered help for "local" (Belgian) representation

Need I to say that I'm a disappointed user at this stage.
Nót because of bad performance or instability.
But because of lack of information and involvement.

Atomix (the application) is great. And it is supposedly built by some geniuses.

But I would urge the Atomix owners to be far more present towards its user community.

We are to some extent your Sales Force, your 3rd arm, your purpose of existance.

PLEASE let us help
PLEASE let us know something
PLEASE let us contribute

I have some suggestions:
- a (bi-)weekly scheduled message from the Atomix Development Team indicating progress
- organise once every now and then a "live" channel (on IRC for example) where the Atomix owners "meet" their users. This should only take one hour but definitely increase the perception of involvement and "being listened to"
- can't you come up with a list of activities that can be delegated to the user community ? I guess you have an army of "free" resources out here eager to help you out...
- knowing what you know now, put forward a date (including a security margin) with a confidence indicator ?

I have in the past called for "optimism" and "constructive" messages within the Forums. To urge the people to "motivate" you in these (apparently) difficult times (allthough we are apparently the only ones perceiving the progress as difficult)

And I still defend that position. Only, it should not be a one-way street.

Come out Atomix People ! Give us something...

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 9:57 pm
They should release 1.2!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 12:11 pm
OK, here we go again. It went better in these Forums for a while with the Moderators trying their best to carm people down but it is bound to start up again. DJ Corps has helped me, and many other people in this Forum. I remember him backing the Atomix team and telling everybody to be patient. Now he’s a little worried too. Can you blame him? It seems as if he has invested a lot of time and money into this program and if I were him, I would also be very upset.

Remember VTT, they too had a nice little mixing Program but it died due to no upgrade. If you speak to people who followed VTT, they to were told about an upgrade version and kept the Forums up and running. Eventually when their Sales went down the tubes, they closed their Forums without any notice, or very little.

You guys a little worried now? I have said this before and this post will be deleted but perhaps some of you will get to read it first.

Come on, is this the way to do business? Is there any other reason why the owners are keeping it hush. For what possible reason would there be other than there is no future update? Do you think that anybody would buy this program if they knew that there are not going to be anymore updates?

Lets see how long this stays on the Forum.

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 12:16 pm
I posted this topic originally, and I'd like to thank the above two users for not immediately having a go at me, which is what I expected.

It's nice to see that some people take notice and think before the usual 'knee-jerk' reaction of insults and excuses.

I hope other people agree with what Dj Corpse and myself have said. I think Dj Corpse has made some very good and valid points.

But what are the chances that anyone in power will read and take notice of our opinions. It's a sorry state of affairs.

If I am forced to forget about Atomix and move on to other mixing software utilities, it will be a great pity, as there is so much potential for an excellent program.

Listen to me harping on...Who am I, but a miserable, irrelevant customer.

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 4:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)