Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What's wrong witht hte sound quality???? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

i was mixing last night, and noticed that the sound quality is sooooooooooo bad, i listed to the same song with winamp, and with atomixmp3, the difference was like as if you listen to the song with 128kbs and 56kbs, i am sure you guys know how different that sounds, is there anything i have to do with the software???any help please?

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 12:44 am
Actually, I think that's just you. I've never noticed any difference! Make sure have the correct device selected in the Atomix 'Sound Configuration' section, and leave all the equaliser controls and gain controls set to zero. If you still think it sounds worse than Winamp, I think you either have a really strange problem, or are simply imagining things. I reckon it's probably the latter.

Cheers...
Swift

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 12:51 am
Ignore that xxxxxxxxxxx above, he has no ear for music. The sound quality in Atomix IS shit and always will be because the xxxxx atomix team will continue to ignore the problem forever thanks to xxxxxxx atomixers like the xxxxxxxxx above.

The sound is CRAP and yes, it sounds much better in WinAmp, something which I have pointed out MORE TIMES THAN I CAN REMEMBER IN THESE FORUMS. And guess what I get, ABUSE, much the same as you have received.

The atomix Creamers have removed the mid and high range frequencies when the EQ's are set to the default position, I suppose due to the misconception that Dance music is played that way. It's xxxxx WRONG, it sounds like SHIT. Do something about it instead of sticking up for it. The sound reproduction is piss poor and needs to be attended to.

Unfortunately, as long as xxxxxxxx such as the xxxxxxx above continue to xxxxxxx, no one will admit to this problem, therefore it will never be overcome. Any so-called professional DJ's who claim to use atomix in clubs are obviously xxxxxxxxxxx in the first place when they state that atomix is good. If the clubs they DJ in have shite sound equipment then they will not detect the flaws in the atomix sound engine. Anybody who does serious DJ work will immediately be aware of the substandard atomix sound.

As you rightly say, the sound is the same as a 56 mp3 instead of a 128 or higher.

Ignore xxxxx who say there is a problem with your system. Logically, if you can play sound perfectly using WinAmp, there can be no problem with your computer's ability at reproducing sound at a good level, ergo, if atomix produces shit sound on your system, the problem lies in atomix. Try that on for size you xxxxxxxx who posted earlier.

Stop xxxxxxxxxxx and admit that it has faults.

DJ SuckMyDick

So you incredible important and professional DJ, why are you mixing in softmode, when your live on stage?

If you post again such a message, I will delete it! You can post your opinion, but not as above!

mama

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 4:47 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
The sound quality depends a lot of your soundcard(s) and speaker(s), and your mixer and amp if you use one.

Greetz, ikke

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 12:44 pm
i have one question: is the sound quality only bad in soft mode or also in hardware mode?

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 1:05 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
In hard mode, you use the sound card directly, so the sound is better!

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 2:17 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've tried it both ways on my desktop. I only use hard mode on my laptop. After seeing others complain about the sound quality I tried in my desktop machine in soft mode. I launched and played the same song in both winamp, and atomix. I found that the sound quality was about exactly the same. I did notice some detioration in sound quality if I boosted the gain in Atomix, or the high, mid, and low settings. However, I noticed the same type of detioration when using the eq in winamp. It seems like there are a lot of folks just looking for any passing excuse to bash Atomix. It's basically a good solid program. Sure, there's still a little work to be done on it, but try to make valid judgements on the program so the authors can concentrate on the real problems.

Be Nice,

Rick

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 2:40 pm
I've never heard musci in atomix bad quality! Are you tone deaf?

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 3:01 pm
I think sound quality is really bad with Mastertempo turned on.You have to select "No Mastertempo". Then sound is only slightly worse than Winamp.

Mark

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 5:10 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't know about that either. I always keep master tempo turned on. Weather the song is slowed or speeded up to match the preceding song, I have never noticed any "bad sound quality" when mixing. This is a topic I've noticed in the forums a lot over the last 10 months or so. Again, I've launched Atomix and pitched a song down 4-6 % and launched winamp and played it at normal speed. I could notice no appreciable difference in the quality of the sound, or the tone. (this test was done in hard mode) I can only guess that I am incredibly lucky. I don't seem to be suffering from many of the issues that are often raised here.

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 5:44 pm
this is what i think's happening

if you have SB live and use 3d-mode, the quality IS worse, but that is because of the soundcard and not atomix. when you play a song in winamp, it only uses one of the channels, and the quality is better... u c?

i speak only out of my own experience, and i do not know what kind of hw you guys have, but this CAN... be what you are detecting...

:+: dj vishnu :+:

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 6:14 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
If you discover this problem (with SB Live!), you've got to diable that "LiveWare" stuff (or how is that called??). Normally the quality will increase if you do this.

Greetz, ikke

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 6:17 pm
hmmm ... Vishnu2002 is a poor hacker ... and now we have got a newbie called dj vishnu ... hmm ...hmmm ....

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 7:56 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
yeah, but he was here before the poor hacker.

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 9:47 pm
Funny how those people who supposedly have these huge problems with Atomix always hide behide an 'anonymous' posting, and can't be bothered even taking the time to register, log in properly, and then discuss the matter in a normal fashion. If they took the time to log in and established themselves as a regular member of the forum, I'm sure people would pay more attention to what they had to say, and attempt to help them out with their problems (which in this case, I don't believe is the fault of Atomix anyway).

Just me 2 cents.

Cheers...
Swift

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 11:26 pm
Well .... you gotta realize that not everyone feels the same way. They just leave the comment and screw off .. they don't care about " hidding anonymously " and they cannot give a f*ck about ethics and such. It comes to a point where you just got to ignore them.

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 12:47 am
Its funny how much the subject topics here change from the original thread. From sound quality to anonimity (if thats such a word)

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 12:49 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Woops uh after reading the above post I have to agree with the xxxxxxx man. Sound quality isn't really good compared with Winamp and all you people can say it is not but a lot of people are still having problems so the Atomix team should try to fix this problem if it can be fixed.

And for the other guys saying it's all the soundcards fault...Well if that is true (I don't know shit about hardware) why does Winamp sounds very good on my laptop's Ali Integrated soundcard and Atomix not??????? Please don't do the technical shit cause I already said I won't understand it.
Atomix, try to fix this in your software, that's all I Can say.

Seeya

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 11:50 am
Regarding the messages about anominous opinions I think it's wrong you shouldn't judge people simply by whether they log in or not that's pretty sad even if you disagree with what they say. There can be alot of reasons why people like myself don't or can't log on if you think about it. anominous users have still payed for the software meaning they reserve the right to share there opinions as you do.

But I do think alot of anominous users can be a bit rude

about the sound in atomix
I run a really powerful machine and have a pioneer amplifer and speakers and the quality in atomix is near CD quality I've played a song on cd and in atomix at the same time and switched between them and the sound quality is pretty close.

this is if you don't muck around with the original sound to much.

I have noticed that 1 in 100 songs play pretty poorly for some reason or another I think it's particular sounds that atomix doesn't like.

And you can't say I have no ear for music as I'm good at mixing and have produced many tracks.

and by the way my name is Brendan
and i can't log in because i'm using school computers.

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 1:43 pm
Exactly, something that I pointed out, albeit in rather too colourful language which I will refrain from in future.

If it is a hardware fault (i.e. soundcard) then NO programs would ever produce good sound. The fact that Winamp, for example, produces good sound shows that the soundcard is capable of producing good quality sound output so if Atomix does not produce good sound on the SAME system then it MUST be a problem with Atomix. This is purely logical.

Despite my pointing this out in my previous message, lots of people STILL posted replies stating that it MUST be a hardware problem, a shitty soundcard or such. Why did they not use logic to disprove this belief? I did.

Just because some people do not experience the problem, it does not mean others are not experiencing it, in which case Atomix Team should look into this and come up with a solution. There IS a solution, as Winamp produces good sound quality and so do many other lesser DJ mixing programs. If Winamp can produce good sound on my system yet Atomix can't, then there must be a way of correcting this.

I have seen so many posts where people have said they have problems and immediately the little Atomixers stand up and shout in unison that no problem exists because they have not experienced it(!) What flawed logic is this? I have never had herpes, therefore the disease does not exist? Is that the route we must take? I know I lowered the tone of this thread with my ridiculously dirty-mouthed post and I apologise for this, it will not re-occur. I am able to admit when I have done something wrong, now time for the others to admit that this fault exists and curses many Atomix users. If I stoop down to foul language and abuse, it is merely because it is the only way of getting a RESPONSE from ANYONE. Getting a response helps to highlight the problem, regardless of what the response may be (in this case denial of a problem).

I like Atomix and wish to use it all the time, but the sound quality issue NEEDS to be resolved. Have you all noticed that most complaints on here or announcements of problems are issued in vulgar language coupled with abuse? Have you yet realised why this is? Think about it. Do you think it's because only rude angry people suffer problems, or is it because of the apathy and ignorance from the Atomix Team and little Atomixers towards such problems tha make these people angry and rude? Chicken and the egg scenario, only this one has a solution that is (or should be) obvious to most.

How about an update in the contradictory named 'news section'? How about an idea of the release date of the update or a status report? Have you not learned anything from past experience, especially concerning the whole 'version 1.2' episode. I would have thought that it became blatantly clear that users new and old do not like being kept in the dark...

I would also like to point out that I have tried Atomix with three separate soundcards and still had bad audio quality in Atomix yet good quality in WinAmp and other audio players. Note that I say "other audio players..." as well, this is to point out that I am not singling out WinAmp, so don't start harping on about WinAmp and it's bad points, it is not pertinent.

Another point of issue is with regard to people changing the subject to nonsense about users such as myself posting under 'anonymous'. Apart from this being annoying due to the fact that it bypasses the matter in hand, it is also a waste of time, as people like me will always post under 'anonymous' for the following reason: When I post such a message as this or the one before (ignoring the unnecessary and self-damaging swearing) I receive abuse and defamatory remarks that attempt to negate the problems I point out without using rational thought or logical analysis, instead the only part of the body used in such replies is the knee, as in knee-jerk reaction. This means that if I post under my username, I will forever be branded as someone who tries to attack and destroy Atomix, when I am trying to do the opposite. I would have no credibility and would be under constant attack from others whatever and whenever I posted a message. So, people who complain about anonymous users posting messages and those who give me abuse everytime I point out a fault with Atomix, YOU are the ones who are FORCING me to post under anonymous. The more you behave as you are doing at present, the more pressure you are putting on me and others to post anonymously. You complain about something that YOU YOURSELVES have created and are perpetuating with your constant complaints and belittling of users and their messages who try to help by telling others of the problems they have encountered with Atomix. I know this last sentence will be ridiculed due to my much regretted terrible language in the original post, but remove the swearing and it would have received the same replies. You know this, I know this.

Now, having read this, take many deep breaths, clear your mind and THINK. Sleep on it if you have to, then reply. Please. I know you are intelligent people and I know you can reply sanely when you want to, if you think first. All those users who are planning on posting a reply to this attacking my intelligence (the "you're stupid...blah blah" replies. You know who you are) can take their fingers away from the keyboard already, it is a puerile attack that has no foundation in reality.

DJ Junior Member aka Anonymous.

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 2:16 pm
56%