Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: eq faders?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

okay, so what's so special about the eq faders? maybe this is a common feature to dj's (of which i am not). i was messing around with it.. but what's the benefit of having them? i'm just not seeing it yet. maybe i'm dumb.. who knows. any input would be appreciated

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 9:28 pm
okay.. yes i am dumb. i think i see the purpose now. duh

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 9:32 pm
lol

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 9:53 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol, when you get it figured out, you'll be glad they are there.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 10:01 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
It's a fairly common way to mix... bringing in one freq band at a time. On my mixer I turn all EQ knobs down on the new track and tweak them up in time with the current tune.

eg: for breaks I quite often (depending on the tracks) roll in a new bass line before filling in the sound with the high hats etc (crossfade bass first, then treble later) and for trance I might bring in the high hats first then vocals then bass...

EQ crossfaders is nice for those without a mixer, it lets you have more professional sounding mixes.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 11:06 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
The EQ crossfaders are basically just a different interface to the EQ that makes a lot more sense to me.

Basically, you use the three-band EQ now for simply setting up the "default sound" of a track, for example bringing up the bass or midrange on a track that needs a bit of added oomph.

Then you use the EQ-faders to mix, as well as your external mixer (like me) or just use all 4 of the faders with your mouse.

Slowly exchanging the bassline is a lot of fun because if you do it well, into an 8-beat loop of the other song, you've completed most of the mix without changing "the song" if you know what I mean.

Then you just need to wait for the right moment to bring in the mids and stop looping and you've gone and mixed without people noticing.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 11:15 pm
sweet.. after reading those replies that really makes a lot of sense. i'm definitely gonna experiment with that. i want to do it so bad right now but i'm forcing myself to study :( it's tough when atomix is there just waiting to be used. haha. school sux

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 11:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)