Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Other good Turntables than Atomix?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

AtomixMP3 is great, but is it any other good Virtual Turntables?

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 4:43 pm
Good luck trying to find something better than atomix. I haven't found anything yet !

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 5:04 pm
ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think now Atomix is the best.....

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 5:21 pm
i only can say too: try to find and if you find, than say me how the price is...
no no there can´t be any prog like this.! :) ok?

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 5:43 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
It would be good for you to go and try PCDJ or some other awful program so you can see how good you've got it!

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 9:26 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
exactly.. ive tried them all, and nothing has the functionality OR stability atomixmp3 has. Nothing has the beat graph, beat sensitive looping/effects, true real beatsync, autolevel, etc etc

2.1 has totally beat out the competition!!!

-nate

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 9:49 pm
visual discomix, it cost more for the version that supports stereo soundcards but it blows everything else away. BUT, it does cost more. its a total pro software. not to say its better but it is, but cost more.

its like comparing a BMW and a honda. both are great cars but the BMW could be considered better if price isnt an issue

VDM has perfect beat sync on the fly and looping, and it stays in sync the whole time. But it cost alot more and atomix does work pretty darn good for the pricee

so it depends if you want to spend the cash or if you want to just spend a little and still have 90% of the features

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 9:41 am
Well I have just tried that program ... It has just a few more features than atomix .... but in my opinion, Atomix is WAY better. VD is way too expensive and the hardware for it is just a like a keyboard. It hogged up WAY to much memory, it would not let me exit the program and acutally made my XP operating system CRASH !!! It is very-high latency and the GUI looks very unproffesional.

Maybe one of these days atomix will have some competition ! But it doesn't look like it at this point.

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 10:55 pm
VDM needs windows 98 or 2k to run properly i guess. I agree the GUI isnt to stylish but it shows the needed info. But when it comes down to track mixing, VDM is tighter than anything. It continously varies the bpm and phase of the track to keep the two tracks synced. even when you have a loop going it will do this. With atomix, after a few bars the tracks start to drift apart. Also having 6 sample points that are bmp synced is nice as well.

For me its the best. I dj basically with lots of external fx and "kill units". so i basically just load loops and use different aspects of each, and for that style VDM is awesome.

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 7:55 am
well.. i'lll admit i was a little skeptical to try out vdm. i dl'ed the free trial thing. now i think we'll all admit that the gui isn't as pretty as atomix, in fact it looks like dogshit next to it.. but, the functionality really is there. having to analyze each track sucks but vdm is tighter overall. i think the atomix team needs to check out the spin mixer on visual disco mix. i could sit there and play with that thing all day long. but, when it comes to price, vdm is just insaaaaane. i'm not shellin' out 295 bucks for the semi professional version. hellz no. if you compare functionality for the price.. atomix has it hands down. something like the spin mixer sure would be fun on atomix tho :)

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 12:09 pm
yeah thats what ive been saying all along. VDM isnt pretty, but its got big clear buttons for what it needs to do. the newer version is going to do away with the need to analyze tracks ahead of time from what i hear too.

Now yes it is alot more money. I bought the semi pro version and their 4output usb soundcard so it was a $700 investment, plus my $450 dj mixer, but im serious about dj'ing and would like to make a living doing it, so in that regard its an investment that might pay off.

but anyways, yeah. VDM just plain is tighter. I challenge anyone to take 2 given tracks and load them into atomix and hit the sync button and see if they will stay synced up. And then let them loop for say 4 bars and see if the loop sounds seamless. Now load those two tracks into VDM and watch them stay perfectly synced all day long. Let the program loop and you can come back in 8 hours and it will still be running and in sync.

Having those 6 sample points per track is nice as well. those work with the sync engine so when you trigger a sampler it drops it right on the beat if you want. ALso yeah that spinmix is very cool, as is the reverse play and the spindown which sounds much more like a real turntable than atomix

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:35 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
and then there's the whole:

"hello, we're dj's" arguement

which means I don't exactly want the tempo of my song changing at any time other than when i change it with the keyboard or controller or mouse

I don't want a program changning the BPM because they always lose sync, miss beats, just don't know what is going on in my head when I am mixing.

All I need is a sync button to get me started and everything else is by ear.

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 9:00 pm
thats the thing, VDM doesnt lose sync, and it has option buttons on the GUI to let you turn on and off the autosync and bpm features. But with them all going its basically just continously nudging the phase and or the bpm on minute adjustments to keep it locked perfectly in phase.

Since it works perfectly though everytime i always keep it on

download the free demo and give it a try

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 9:37 pm
I agree Talon !!!!! In atomix, the do beats drift apart after a while ... but does it really kill you to nudge the curve after about 4 bars ? I dont want this to become an issue ?!

Yeah .... so VDM holds the sync longer ..... why would you have it in sync for so long for anyway ? The time it takes for each track to be analyzed takes too freaking long !! Atomix still has the edge !!

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 11:34 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
One thing to say.....

if your annoyed because Atomix drifts sometimes... learn to beatmatch!

- Bren (Syfoon)

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 12:21 am
amen to that!

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 3:03 am
if someons saying "learn to beatmatch" then why do they need to ask "why would you want to keep two songs in sync for a long time" ? Surely your more creative in your mixing than just mixing in and out of each song over a course of 16 bars.

Using a dedicated eq "kill" unit such as the electrix eq killer, or even the "kill" in atomix, i would hope you all can realize how you can take something like a short breatdown in one song with a nice bassline and "kill" everything except for the bass and let that loop while on the other deck use only the highs and mids, ala instant remix. Now if you have to keep resyncing that bassloop up, you dont have time/hands free to work the effects and eq.

also with VDM, you dont need to analyze each time, you run each mp3 through the analyzer program once and it basically encodes it, i think since all the files are coded like this is a reason for its super tight sync.

Theres a free demo, im just saying give it a try, you might gain some new realization and also idea's to further atomix with.

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 4:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)