Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How I got CD's to work

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Forgive me if others have posted, but since there's no search on this message board, it's hard to tell:)

I'm running XP, and I assume the same goes with Windows 2000.

Open the device manager, and right-click on the CD-ROM, and select properties. On the Properties tab, I had to uncheck the "Enable Digital CD Audio for this CD-ROM device", and I could use my CD's like any MP3 file on my system with AtomixMP3 2.1.

No reboot was required (on XP at least)

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 9:59 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Thanks a lot I hope it'll help many users !

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 10:09 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Dams, now you are a voluntary teamer!!! ja ja ja
You changed your category!

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 5:19 am
djspicHome userMember since 2002
I'm running windows 98 second edition, and I tried that method through device manager but its different,,can somebody help me??

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 7:56 pm
In win98:

Open the Control Panel (Start-Settings-Control Panel) and doubleclick the "System" icon.
Go to the "Device Manager" tab. Click on the (+) icon before the text saying "CD-Rom" and rightclick the name of your CD player. Now you can uncheck the option.

Greetz, ikke

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:09 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Damn, forgat to login.

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:10 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Under Win Me I tried to uncheck "Enable Digital CD Audio for this CD-ROM device" but the box is grey - any idea ?

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:31 pm
I have win98 the second edition,, I already tried going into device manager,,highlighted my cdplayer,,,and went into properties and into settings,,the only thing there that was checked are: auto insert notification,,and disconnect. so can anyone help me..and I also like to mention that my cd plays fine in realplayer or winamp??

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:42 pm
Some CD-ROM drives (mainly older ones) do not support digital playback, and it is also not recommended on slower systems (~200MHZ etc), so it's possible that this option may not be available when using some types of CD-ROM drivers. Unfortunately I can't get the Atomix CD audio playback to work no matter whether or not I have the digital audio checkbox checked :( Media player etc will play CD's fine either way.

Cheers...
Swift

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 11:48 am
I still can't get my cd's to work and my system is not old,,its at least 455mhz,,win98 second edition???Please help!!!

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 7:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)