Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Skippinsg on playback - NEED HELP

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When playing back the tracks they keep skipping, how can i get over this.

Inviato Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:20 pm
-If I was an Atomix moderator I'd immediately start saying that you are a poor hacker and that you are obviously using a crack and that's why your music is skipping. Why not just buy the full version? Why aren't you getting the 10-minute popups? Poor hacker!-

Anyway, I am not a moderator so I will ask you for your computer specs. Maybe your skipping problem can be cured, hopefully.

Inviato Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:25 pm
i have brought the full version thank u very much.

My specs are

800mhz processor
20 gb hard drive
64 mb

Inviato Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:27 pm
how can i stop the songs from skipping.have purchased the full version but still no change

Inviato Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:35 pm
i disabled 'software .......' under the sound configuration. I lost the ability to use the eq but i use my external mixer anyways

Inviato Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:44 pm
how do i do that please and what cables are needed

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 12:15 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if you disabled "software" that means you must be using version 2.0. There is no "software" mode in 2.1. Upgrade to the next version, and I'm sure youe skipping and popping will go away.

Good Luck,

Rick

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:38 am
Rick - He might talking about "Software 3D" Mode !!??

I have been experiencing skipping too, but that's because I have ACID 3.0 Pro running loops in the background which hogs of resources like there's no tommorow.

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 7:12 am
harithHome userMember since 2005
I have the same skipping problem and reported this before. And yes I do have the full version.

Initially I was lead to believe that it's because of my P-II laptop, however, I've recently purchased a Compaq P-III laptop and the problem has improved greatly, but I still get the odd skips now and again.

After investigating further, I've realised that it's because of the external Creative Extigy sound card am using which is exhausting the resources.

I still have no fix to this problem though except by removing the external sound card, which am not prepared to part with.

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 12:29 pm
I have read numorous posts on this board reporting skipping, so this is obviously a REAL problem. I have the full version of 2.1, and run it on a pIII 500 laptop and a PIII 800 desktop with SBLive value card. Skipping occurs on BOTH systems.

I would reccomend fixing this problem as soon as possible - the software is useless otherwise (sounds like shit).

The team has done a great job so far, but I'm waiting for 2.2, please.

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 3:30 pm
DjduaneHome userMember since 2002
I also have the same skipping problem. Am running Windows 2000 on P4 1.7Ghz with 512MB RAM. I have disabled all other TSRs running in background and skipping is reduced but still happens about once each song..........is distressing! Otherwise, it's an incredible program.

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 9:15 pm
I had the same problem. The only solution I've found is:
Ctrl+Alt+Canc and manually close all programs but, attention, NOT close Explorer and Systray.
After this your music'll not skip again :D
Tumbano DJ

Inviato Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 1:11 pm
89jettaHome userMember since 2002
do you mean ctrl alt delete?

Inviato Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 6:50 pm
hehehe.. I'd say Ctrl+Shift+Esc (=Taskmanager shortcut), but it's a sane idea to minimze the number of applications and if possible give Atomix "HIGH" or "Above normal" priority...

Realtime priority is NOT a good idea as that could render your system useless since Explorer, DirectX etc doesn't get any CPUtime at all :o)

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 7:40 pm
Yes, sorry, Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
I've an italian keypad so Canc = Del
lol

tumbano DJ

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 2:53 am
Ops again, maybe keyboard? :))

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 2:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)