Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Features of the Pro Version

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I bet about a billion people would love to know what features the PRO version has ?
Will you be able to scratch with the remote controller ?
Come on you guys, dont be like that!

N-Dream

PS: I really would like to know a something about it, because it prevents me from buying the normal 2.1, I first need to know what you can do with the pro version...

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 12:37 pm
does it take care of the skipping??

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 8:25 pm
the newer the version, the slow it'll be...
that seems to be the case for me...
v1.12 was fast, v2 was good but slower, now v2.1 is very slow esp @ loading the splash screen

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 4:42 pm
Well ... you must also respect the fact that as the development of a program progresses ... so does the need for more hardware resources.

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 5:18 pm
this program should not require more than win2000, 256MB of RAM and a PIII 500MHZ processor, dont tell me more hardware. Oh, and the fact i keep it tuned w/ all updated drivers and direct X. Everyone sticks up for the program, it is not working for many people. I dont have problems with other programs, this one should work!

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 10:33 pm
flexHome userMember since 2001
The way most programs work are like this.

1.x requires certain hardware

2.x requires higher spec hardware.

Now, increcements on the x side normally dont require any higher spec hardware. So by this i mean 1.1-1.9 should require the same hardware, but anything above 1.9 (2.x) can specifiy more higher spec kit. Thats the way most programs work anyway.

any 2.x version of atomix should require the same amount of hardware 2.0 did and no more. But when it reaches 3.x then you can demand high spec hardware. I dont know if this is atomix's policy though, its just my 2 pennies worth =O)

Flex

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 11:19 pm
fuck that. I've got 1gig of cpu, half gig of RAM, SB Live, and I have terrible skipping problems. Version 2.1 is worthless - I repeat WORTHLESS!

There is nothin "professional" about atomix. It's a toy, plain and simple.

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 8:03 am
@anonymous
well i think your PC is worthless. I'm running a Pentium III 450 with 256 kB of Ram and a Soundblaster PCI512 and i have no
skipping i repeat NO SKIPPING.
In one thing i agree with you, atomixmp3 is simple and with simple i mean it is simple to use.

So if you don't like atomixmp3 stop posting here and buy another program ( but it will skip like atomixmp3 because it's your PC).

greetz
Janosch

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 9:23 am
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have had no skipping problems on a celeron 466 with 64 meg of ram, and a soundblaster live platinum soundcard.. I agree that would suck though, but perhaps it is something other than just hardware specs that is causing this??
hope you find a solution though, best of luck.....

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 10:00 am
AwaxHome userMember since 2002
The sound card is REALLY important !!!! If you don't have a PCI card, you're fucked up. And have lastest drivers too.

BTW, AtomixMP3 IS professionnal. It's as good as it so called PRO concurents and much cheaper.

And the next PRO version will support Numark MP3 command.

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 10:12 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
it is obvious to say that anonymous has certainly lot of problems with his computer !

Regarding the splash screen time, it only depend of the skin used (if you use a 1027*768 skin of course ti will be longer to load it)

and on the samples you are using (if you set long samples we need more time to set them in memory)

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 10:51 am
Hmmm, it seems that there are many possible causes for the skipping problem and therefore, many possible solutions. I had skipping with 1.12 with my old computer hardware but once I upgraded to an Athlon 1Ghz with 320MBs RAM and a SB Live, I have had no problems with any of the versions including 2.1.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate section of the website that deals with the skipping problem? You could take all of the advice and the cures that users have found from the forums, etc and put it all on one page where people with the problem can go. It would save space here and make a lot of people happy.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

From the anonymous post complaining about skipping, I would say that the hardware seems to be more than adequate so the problem must lie elsewhere, I can only suggest searching the forums and seeing the solutions other people have found...

It CAN be cured.

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 1:18 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
well, I've ran atomixmp3 1.12, 2.0, and 2.1 on a Pii-450 without issue. then, I've ran atomixmp3 on a P3-1ghz and had skipping.

the reason: software-based (AC97) audio. AC97 is consumer junk, another way for companies to make a higher profit.

Do yourself a favor and buy a $15 PCI soundcard that is NOT SOFTWARE BASED - NO AC97 *JUNK*

Creative, CMedia, and Yamaha OPL3 based cards top my recommendation list. these three cards are fairly decent quality, inexpensive (unless you get a stupid audiology) and have good working drivers for win2k/XP.

just my 2 cents..
-nate

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 10:44 pm
First, I have an SBlive card, PCI and all. And I have no problems running older versions of atomix or any other audio software.

Second, this problem has been documented quite a number of times on this forum since 2.1 came out - this is a serious bug, regardless of whether some of you are not experiencing it. As I stated before, it renders the software unusable in a performance and recording situation, at least for those unfortunate enough to have "the bug".

Ignoring the issue won't help the prospects of Atomix as a viable professional tool. Bugs are bugs. Fix 'em or don't, It's up to you. You have a great tool, so I'd like to see this issue addressed.

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 1:28 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
MMM i would like to buy a soundcard.........BUT i have a toshiba laptop. What should i do? Any suggestions are more then welcome!

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 3:29 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
This has already been discussed earlier. Try the search function of the forum. There are several solutions: USB or PCMCIA, and several price categories ;)

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 4:08 pm
DJYAYOHome userMember since 2001
i have a new lobtop
pemtiun 4 (1.6)
512 ram
yamaha ac-xg wdm
and i should work really good
but there are sometimes
that it skips
ones a day
i do not understand
i a sonystyle vaiopcg-grx550
do you thing is the lobtop
or the program
"""""i love atomixmp3""""""""""
but i am scare to use live if it do that ones
pliz tell me what you thing

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 8:08 pm
Why I have skipping problems???
My pc is: Athlon 1333, 768 MB RAM, 10GB HD, ATI RADEON 64MB, SB AUDIGY, WIN XP PRO

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:02 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have to say that it cannot be the proccessor or the ram specs that are causing Atomix to skip. I have PII 550mhz 192mb ram onboard sound and I also get the skipping. I thought it was my Laptop because of the specs. But it is obvious that there is a wide range of processors experiencing these problems. I do have live sets where it has happened, I have been lucky though it has been very unnoticable due to the fact that I play hip hop it kinda sounded like a repeat effect.

DJ Homeboy

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:18 pm
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
There is something that most people overlook when they're having performance problems: background processes. If you have an antivirus, a firewall, a file sharing program, an instant messaging program, a virus(yes it can cause you problems :)), you'll have trouble having decent performance. Sometimes, you'll also have some background processes that run without you even asking for it or knowing it. A lot of programs these days like to load themselves(realplayer, winamp, office, etc.) in memory even when you're not using them. You may want to go in the Windows registry and remove the unwanted crap in the Windows/run directory. To go in the registry, type "regedit"(without the quotes) at the "Run" dialog box. Now, you'll want to look at these two directories:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun
There may also be some others there like "runonce" or "runservices". You can check those also. Everything in those directories will be executed at your system's startup, this slowing it down. The more you have in there, the bloatier your system will be. I like to have the bare minimum there. The only programs that absolutely need to be runing on your computer at all times are "Explorer" (Windows' Shell) and "Systray"(The system tray). The rest is generally loads of unwanted crap(however, it may not always be the case, so before deleting something from there, make sure you know that you don't need it). Deleting those things from the registry will in no way delete them from your computer. Treat this as deleting a shortcut. Also, check your computer's Start Menu's "Startup" directory. It is also executed at startup.

Some other speed tips:
1. Always have at the very least 100mb to 150mb of free space on the computer where the Windows' swap file is located(the virtual memory). Your best option here would be having the swap file on a separate hard disk or partition.
2. Have plenty of Ram.
3. Don't install tons and tons of Fonts as they will slow down your computer's startup time dramatically.

And please, if you don't have a clue of what you're doing when messing in the Windows registry, please don't do it! You may just delete something that was not supposed to be deleted and f*** up your computer(this was auto-censored 8-)).

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Côté "DJ Omni"
http://www.productionsomni.com

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 02 @ 1:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)