Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sending split line-in to beat curve window

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

alholioHome userMember since 2001
A fantastic idea to aid those learning vinyl would be to use the line-in on your soundcard to put beat curves in the window (Left mono channel for left turntable and right mono channel for right turntable)

The beat curve window as it is now shows the few seconds that are about to be played, with the 'currently playing' point on the left.

The next version of Atomix would have the 'currrently playing' point in the middle of the beat curve window. This would allow DJs in training to see the beats that they're mixing to the left of this point

NOW... if you're using vinyl *and* MP3s it would help you do smooth mixes between the two formats!!! A HUGE bonus for those that have Atomix skills but no vinyl skills.

Does anyone here have the software skills to write a small proggie that has just a beat curve window using split line-in??

Please

Inviato Tue 14 May 02 @ 11:57 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is actually semi possible if you have an external mixer but you have to beat match by hand....I have a deck on a seperate mixer channel which i manually then beat match with the track playing, I think the problem is that Atomix downloads the whole track into a buffer normally which then enables you to 'play around' with it. Coming live from vinyl or another source this is not possible.

Its pretty easy to do it manually, anyway you need something to do to impress the punters !!!!

Happy mixing

STU

Inviato Wed 15 May 02 @ 8:00 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
This tool would be mainly for turntablists who are new to beat matching by ear. There would be no need to buffer the curves... if anything, realtime is what is needed.

Everything is still done by hand... pitch shifting, holding the vinyl, releasing on the correct beat etc... it's purely a visual tool to help those that want to keep their vinyl mixes perfectly in sync.

And yes you would need a mixer, but who mixes vinyl without one!!!

:)

Inviato Wed 15 May 02 @ 11:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)