Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: USB soundcard or PCMCIA soundcard

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mabalaHome userMember since 2002
please try to help me , i'm already search for answer in past posting but no direct answer was found .

which soundcard work perfectly with atomix ?

a)usb souncard (like-Soundblaster Extigy)

or

b) pcmcia soundcard (like-Egosys WaMIbox)

Have anyone tried one of these two?
What is your experience with any of them? Problems&Solutions.
Should I buy it? And Why or Why not?

Thank you... In advance...

yotam

Inviato Sun 19 May 02 @ 11:09 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
i suggest using a y-splitter(from radio shack),cause if you get another soundcard you may encounter the problem of latency one soundcard is faster than the other and it'll screw up ur mix even if its right on the screen.

NaDeR

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 6:44 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Agreed with NaDeR. I use a Y splitter and a external mixer, it works great !

DJ Homeboy

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 9:43 am
Well the above works well, but its mono. Everyone knows what that means, it might sound good at home on your small size speakers, but when you bring it out to a gig it wont sound well.
Your second choice is (which I use and recommend) to use a 3D 6CH soundcard, which is going to enable you a stereo, and equilized output on both outputs. It serves me very well!
I had 2 soundcards aswell but it didnt work out because the sound quality on each SC was different.

Now you should choose what suits you best.....good luck!!

byez...
Rave Master

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 2:06 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have to disagree with that statement. Mono sounds pretty darn good in the 4 clubs that I work at. Most clubs seem to set their speakers with maximum sound penetration in mind. Stereo seperation is about the last thing they worry about. As long as it sounds loud, and good, you won't miss stereo. I've tried it both ways. In fact I go back and forth on the issue. The only thing I notice is that their may be just a slightly louder output with 2 sound devices in full stereo. Overall, besides not being able to use the pan effect, that's about the only audible difference when it's cranked to dancing levels.

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 2:26 pm
mabalaHome userMember since 2002
thanks guys ' but still i don't get it
you all suggesting using a y-splitter or 3d soundcard , is it better Solution than one USB/PCMCIA soundcard with 4 outputs ?
i'm working with laptop and the most important thing to me is the quality of the sound ! no matter how much it's cost .
are u sure there is no different sound quality between Y/3D/2card & USB/PCMCIA external one soundcard ?

thanks again
yotam

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 5:22 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I too work with a laptop. I generally have it out 3-4 times a week. I have found that running a stereo splitter from the headphone output on your on-board sound card is in fact sufficient. I'm assuming you are using a DJ Mixer. Get a cord that on one end fits the headphone jack on your laptop, and on the other end has 2 RCA ends. (usually 1 red and one white) I run the red one to channel 3 on the mixer and the white one to channel 4. Set the mixer to mono output. This will give you 2 seperate channels of full mono output. One is the output from deck A, and the other is the output from deck B.
The other way that I have used in the past is a telex single output usb headphone adapter. This is addressed as a 2nd sound device by your computer. Once you have the device plugged into one of the USB ports and your oppersting system installs it, simply run 2 of the same type of cable. One from the usb device into channel 3 on the mixer, and the other from the headphone output on the laptop to channel 4 on the mixer. Now you have 2 channels of full stereo output. Be sure to set the sound configuration of Atomix to 2 sound cards, to a mixer. The usb device is sound card 1... and the onboard sound card is sound card 2.

Damn, it took way too many words to explain that. Hope it helps. (by the way, the Telex usb headphone adapter can be had for about 50 bucks.

good luck

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 5:39 pm
ive got a egosys wamibox 4 output pcmcia soundcard thats basically new in the box, ill sell it for only $175

also i have a 4 output USB soundcard that was designed for visual disco mix, they sell it for $350 i belive, ill sell that one for $225. its the best option of the two, its just 4 rca outputs as two stereo pairs, simple plug and play, no drivers and excellent sound

the wamibox is also very good though as it gives you recording inputs, mic preamp, midi in and out and a bunch of different drivers such as AISO so if you are into softsynths and things like that its pretty cool

email at Infader1@hotmail.com with any questions

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 6:24 pm
oh, the reason im selling is that i bought turntables for mixing and im not going to be using the laptop anymore.

Inviato Mon 20 May 02 @ 6:24 pm
Can you help me on the Telex single output usb headphone adapter? Have you got a reference, partnumber, etc...

Thanxxx

JMV

Inviato Tue 21 May 02 @ 1:24 pm
I too work with a laptop. But I don´t undestand how jut by using a stereo splitter from the headphone output on the on-board sound card is in fact sufficient.

How those the sytem is able to send each deck to a diferent channel?

"...Get a cord that on one end fits the headphone jack on your laptop, and on the other end has 2 RCA ends. (usually 1 red and one white) I run the red one to channel 3 on the mixer and the white one to channel 4. Set the mixer to mono output. This will give you 2 seperate channels of full mono output. One is the output from deck A, and the other is the output from deck B".

For me something is missing. Can you explain it better?

Tanxx

JMV

Inviato Thu 23 May 02 @ 7:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)