Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Are There any skins for Atomixmp3 1.12 Version

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am Still using this version because its more stable on my system than the newer version - Dont get me wrong I love the new version & all the little toys that come with it but on my system the newer version skips like its using up resources, even though I have a memory mgr. but ol faithful (1.12) does does my mixes proud So Ill stick with it until I get a newer system ( I am on a AMD K-6, 128mb, Soundblaster Live Value & Asound Express Sound Cards,And a Trident Video Card, Any Problem solutions or Tweaks would be graetly appreciated But Back to my first question I see in the skin section that all the skins support the latest version, but do any support 1.12

Inviato Tue 15 Oct 02 @ 4:26 am
Sorry ... but Version 1.12 is no longer supported (1.12 is the equivalent to Windows 3.1)

I don't understand why you find it more stable ?! 1.12 was good ... 2.0 had WAY more features .... 2.1.1 was a greatly improved and more stable version than 2.0 !!!

As far as skins go for that version ... there were not that many to choose from anyway. The skins you see here are only supported by 2.1 !!

If you want to improve your system's performance:

-> Do not run Atomix in 2 soundcard mode !!! Just run the SB Live in 3D mode or single soundcard mode (depending if you use an external mixer or not). I have tried running atomix in multi-soundcard mode using both of my 3D soundcards ... totally slowed down my system !!!

-> MAKE SURE you have no other programs running in the background (antivirus, MSN, etc)

-> Always make sure you have the latest sound card drivers ... always check for driver updates/fixes from the manufacturers website.

-> Although 128 MB RAM MAY seem suficient ... the more THE BETTER .... get another 128 or 256 !!!

-> Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft installed !!

-> Make sure you are running a stable O.S like 2000, XP or even 98 (NOT ME, NT or 95 Play only MP3 files ... not tracks directly from CD's !!!!!

-> Try a skin that doesn't require many visuals thats 800 x 600 ... I recommend the JN Classic series !!

That's all I can think of ... if you have any questions/comments on the above, feel free to let me know !

Cheers.

Inviato Tue 15 Oct 02 @ 5:28 am
Thank You partner me being a Tech should of knew better..... I am going to go down your list and then install the latest version again and see how it does. I was alwasys questionable about the 2 sound card thing any way - Once again thanks for the help ........ONE

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 3:42 am
2.1.1 is nice ! What Speed (Mhz) is your K-6 ... the minimum requirements is at least 300 Mhz ... a faster processor would help ... right now I am running a Duron 800 394 MB RAM and a dual boot 2000 and XP system .... Atomix DOES run better on 2000 ...thats probably becuase I havent really installed anything on that partition except the latest sound drivers and Atomix.

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 4:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)