Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VGA to TV converter for Visuals

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have given up on using the AtomixMP3 plugins to get winamp and sonique visuals. Now I am using winamp and sonique for their visuals while the sound comes from AtomixMP3. It works quite well for me now. But my problem is this. I want to send the visuals to a TV monitor. Both winamp and sonique are capable of doing that. The problem is that my laptop is one year old and it does not have a tv-out. But it does have an external display output (i think a VGA output). Is it possible to buy a line with one VGA end and one TV end? Or do I need software to go along with it? Or do I need another graphics card (or video card, what's the difference?)? Where should I plug the extra graphics card? USB, PCMCIA? Thanks.

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 8:56 am
There are adapters(or rather output-switches) that connect to VGA-ports and give you one or more different outputs.
I've used one at work that had one VGA input (a cable with the same connector as VGA-displays have) and a VGA output and a TV(=PAL) output that could be used independantly or both at ones so that you could have the same image on your monitor AND your TV or just on one of them.

However I no longer have a need for that stuff since my graphics-card (GeForce 2 MX440) has an S-video out and the drivers for that card even allow me to clone the entire desktop to the TV or just get the output of MediaPlayer, Winamp AV or whatever fullscreen on TV even though the window on my desktop is quite small (I absolutely LOVE running AVS on my TV while Atomixing and the Winamp-vis wrapper works for me)

Considering that GF 4 is out on the market the GF 2's should be just as inexpensive as one of those VGA to TV-adapters so it's up to you what to buy :)

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 10:10 am
me stupid, me bad! You had a laptop.. then a GF 2 is probably a tight fit in your computer ;)

Look for a cheap VGA to VGA+TV videoswitch or some sort of USB-videocard(which probably wount be cheap)

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 10:13 am
I saw a converter that can do the job. But I was told that the quality of the picture is not good. Is there external graphics card that can be plugged into usb or pcmcia port?
When you run the visuals on the TV, how does it look? I think the visuals might look quite good even the converter cannot do a good job with movies.

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 1:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)