Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: waveform stopped moving

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When I run winamp to display its visual or Internet Explorer like just now, the waveform display stopped moving. I suppose it is because the system is running out of some kind of resources. But when I turn the CPU monitor on, it shows a usage of only 20-60%. And the resource monitor shows system resources 40%, user resources 50%, and GDI resources 70% available.
I am using a laptop with Petium III at 900 MH, 128 M ram. What resource does AtomixMP3 need to get the waveform moving? Graphical? But GDI shows there is still quite a bit available. This leads me to suspect that having a faster cpu is not going to help. Would more memory help? I don't think there is a way for me to get a faster graphics card since mine is built into the laptop.
Any suggestion on getting my machine to run better?

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 5:05 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I had that same problem before. If I open up IE after I have Atomix running, the waveform window would stop. As soon as you close IE, all goes back to normal. Other programs caused this problem too. I haven't experienced it lately though. I've since re-installed Windoze about 2 times, and rarely open up other programs when running Atomix.

The only thing I can suggest, is to have any programs open and running before you run Atomix. Also, if you have one of the NT based Windoze (2k, XP), try raising the priority level from normal to the next high setting. Dont use Real Time though, just the next setting above Normal.

Grimm

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 11:06 pm
Thanks a lot. It worked, for one hour. Then it stopped again. I am wondering if there is memory leak in AtomixMP3. By the way, I am also using Window98.

Inviato Thu 17 Oct 02 @ 6:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)