Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Forum search engine

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Would'nt it be possible to add a search engine to the forums so that we can easily look for answers. This would avoid the same question to be posted by many different persons.

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 01 @ 8:24 pm
And maybe only allow posts on the forum by logged in - registered users???

I've just been reading all the slagging off elsewhere in the forum - mostly by non-registered users/crackers (sound like druggies don't they.....lol) and although somewhat entertaining, it seems that only allowing posts by logged in members would go a long way to stop that.

As for non-registered users - OK, demo users should be encouraged to ask for help from experienced users, that way they will see what great support they will have when they purchase - but do you guys not ask for e-mail address details etc for the demo download (so long ago since I did that, I forget) - so they could login with those details.

Just some thoughts.....

Inviato Tue 08 May 01 @ 10:57 pm
Dave.. I suggested to the crew and Mama replied and told me that it would not encourage freedom of speech on the forum. Unfortunately I tend to disagree with Mama. I think that if people want to say these things, they should be allowed, but they also must know they are accountable for their words. That accountability would come by being a registered user (at least on the forum), and using email verification to solidify. Sure there are way around that still, but it would be a start.

As atomix users I think we do get good support, and if the team wasn't having to waste their time by responding to anonymous messages threatening hacking etc... we could have alot better service. Personally I think we are entitled to it, but I'm just a user.

Inviato Wed 09 May 01 @ 1:16 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all!

Saint James, we misunderstood each other. I also would prefer a registration in the forum! But in the team, the discussion is leading to free speach for anyone. I really hope to get that realized, but we will see! :-))

peace
mama

Inviato Wed 09 May 01 @ 7:42 am
Oh I completely understand what you mean by the free speech, I don't agree, but I understand. And since I am just a user, not a team member.. it really doesn't matter what I think.

Inviato Wed 09 May 01 @ 8:29 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)