Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Earphone Master Cueing....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

You know what a mixer does right. How about incorporating earphones into it in such a way so that you are able to manually cue your songs on the other "deck". I understand that most dj util proggies seperate the left or right channel from each other so that you can hear what's on ther deck, unfortunately, that cuts off the sound to the right or left speaker on the floor.

So here's The Idea Utilizing one sound card. Most Soundcards are 3d- as in front left and right and rear left and right. I also understand that Atomix has something like this biult in. but the problem lies when you listen to the headphones, it's the same that's playin gout the main speakers. Anyway i digress. Set Front left right as main.
and Rear left right as you head phones, then with an adjustable slider dial, switch whatever, allow the soundoutput to first come through the headphones (enabling you check tempo , song position and generally just to check if it mixes well , before sending out to the main speakers on the floor.

let me know what you think
*let me remind you that i understand that Atomix does something similiar biult into it.- Your very nice headphone pictures and soundcard pictures.
thanks anyway

Inviato Mon 28 May 01 @ 5:45 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In the full version, you can plug your headphones to the rear channel of your 3D card and prelisten the song you want to.

I think that´s the sense of a mixing program, isn´t it? :-))

mama

Inviato Mon 28 May 01 @ 8:07 am
Actually, I think the sense of a mixing program is to be able to mix. In Atomix's case, having the cue on the rear comes close, but still doesn't simulate mixing right. The cue should allow the dj to hear and mix both tracks, the current and the succeeding, before the mix hits the main. Sure, cueing from headphone and speaker works all right, but that still leaves room for error when you want a certain beat matched sound. In my opinion, that is mixing, beatmatching yes, but also getting the beatmatched sound you want. You know, like flanging and stuff. So I agree with 25xmax, on that cueing tip. My suggestion, though, is that the cue should be on the rear out and set up with a separate crossfader, like a REAL mixer, so both tracks can be heard on both channels, not just one on the right and the other track on the left. With a cue set up like that, then I would call Atomix a great mixing program. For real though, it is the best program I've found, I mean I bought it, but it's still not a great program. Yet!? Anyway, that was my two cents. If anyone is feelin' me on that headphone problem, let me know cuz I've been feeling like the only one who doesn't totally dig the cueing format, at least up until now.
Peace and repect.
papalok

Inviato Wed 30 May 01 @ 1:27 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok, now I understood your suggest! Sorry, I´m a bit too slow these days! :-)

Actually we´re not working on this feature, because most DJ´s using AtomixMP3 in a club use an external mixer. For private usage at home, I think this function isn´t so important. But I will send your suggest to the author and, perhaps, it will be included in one of the next versions to raise AtomixMP3 to a full power mixer.

mama

Inviato Wed 30 May 01 @ 8:09 am
This suggestion is incredibly relevant both to club dj-ing and home use. Why? Simply because, if you have two soundcards with radically different latencys, then this is the ONLY WAY you can beatmatch.

please please please please please implement this function.... can't be hard can it? Simply add an option/slider in the sound config page that specifies how much of the main mix you want added to the headphone mix...

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 6:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)