Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Keep "bumped" songs on the playlist

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

If a song is queued in the next player and it is bumped, rather than wasting the song and placing it in history, the bumped file should be put back on the playlist, preferrably at the top.

This could be an option.

It is necessary for DJ's who may have to do a quick substitution during a gig but do not want to lose the queued song.

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 01 @ 3:54 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
You use a playlist during your gigs?????

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 12:23 am
what kind of silly question is that? of course I use a playlist...

what really really annoys me about the playlist is the fact that a song disappears from it as soon as I drag it to a turntable. this makes it impossible to listen through a few songs on the playlist and decide which one to play next. once I made up my mind, the song has disappeared from the playlist and I have to search for it in the folders again. yuck!

I would like to continue using atomix and see this annoyance removed, rather than switching to a different product :)

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 02 @ 11:31 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think perhaps most DJ's use a the play list option. I don't always pull the next song from the playlist, but I always have a dozen or so songs waiting there in case I get a total brain fart. Sometimes I'll even use the playlist area to line up a set... when playing 1 song, another 4-5 songs will often come to mind and I'll throw them to the top of the playlist. If I don't... I'll forget them before the song ends.
The playlist is a very cool feature, and yes it would be cool if you could drag a song back back from the deck and into the playlist so you don't have to hunt it down again.

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 02 @ 11:37 pm
maybe do it as windows explorer does?

-normal drag => move
-drag with ctrl key pressed => copy

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 1:17 am
i agree. leave the played songs in the list. just mark them as played, but don't delete them from the list. it is annoying.

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 11:16 am
that "ctrl+drag'n'drop"-idea was kinda innovative;

d'n'd = scrap the song loaded and replace it with the new one
ctrl+d'n'd= move the loaded song back to the playlist and then load the new one
..or possibly the other way around(scrap as defaul or switch as default)

I'm not sure if these files would show up in the list if you uncheck that "Unplayed songs only" button left of the playlist...

Another thing about d'n'd:
if you are about to load a song from the playlist but miss the "dropzone(s)" of the skin the song is removed from the playlist but is NOT loaded anywhere.. it just disappears and has to be found in the browser again.. this is rather frustrating.
Not successfully dropped into dropone = leave it in playlist and don't mark as played just because of that either.

Inviato Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:53 am
Yes.........just mark the played songs as played. Don't remove them from the playlist. It is nice to monitor the next track then scrap it if it doesnt work with the song playing, but u might want to play it later without having to locate it again.

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 02 @ 7:34 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I totally agree with the idea behind this. Often I will have a track cue'd up and at the last minute decide to play something else. If this happens it would be good if the track went back to the top of the playlist automatically.

Cheers,

Jack.

Inviato Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 1:14 pm
I agree as well. That is a missing feature that annoys me every gig.

Besides that, I'm missing the possibility to move a track from the bottom directly to the top of the playlist. That's not even possible with "drag'n'drop" if the playlist is scrolled down a bit.

greetz, Patrick

Inviato Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 1:30 am
quick77Home userMember since 2003
I just brought this up in an other post, but would like other DJ's input since it fits in this particular discussion.

What if, in addition to bumping the "waiting" track back into the playlist if replaced by a newer selection before actually being played, Atomix would have a third deck only used to sample/preview songs. Like DJ Rick said, I often have 4-5 songs that comes to mind, but would love to preview these songs while searching my folders without having to mess up with the "waiting" deck to listen to these songs, just in case I get lost in time or something and time as come to automatically switch deck while previewing songs that I don't necessarily want to be played out lood!

So what do you all think about that??

Inviato Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 4:56 pm
xxisHome userMember since 2003
hey guy's check this out ...
U know what's really missing in the Atomix program
a cue point marker
When I Dj i need to know where R all the cue Point's In the Track , so if u can some how mark the cue point's and make timer's countback to the next cue point no just to the main one it would be great.

Inviato Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 11:08 pm
xxis:

1. atomix already allows multiple cue points per song.
2. you're in the wrong thread, this is about the playlist.

Inviato Thu 06 Mar 03 @ 8:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)