Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Hardware Interface

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

As a club DJ, I find AtomixMP3 to be the perfect system for finding, playing and screwing with MP3s. The only gripe I have is having to do everything with the mouse. To give us more freedom, a hardware interface could be considered. The interface technology already exists - PCDJ, BPMStudio and American DJ mixmaster softwares already incorporate this compatability.
The interface should include double players, each with a jogwheel, pitch slider, hi-mid-bass EQ units, LCD info pannels, Main and cross-fader, and positive gain knobs. A single effect knob could also be integrated into the unit to control one parameter of an assigned plugin (flange etc.).

Inviato Tue 27 Nov 01 @ 7:11 pm
Have you tried the keyboard shortcuts?

Inviato Tue 27 Nov 01 @ 7:33 pm
that is areally good idea i wish it can come true

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 01 @ 10:59 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
I have already offered my skills (qualified hardware design engineer) to the Atomix team.

I outlined a natural progression of hardware controllers that starts out as a 'simple box' which just controls the tracks, working towards a full-blown 'mixing box' that you plug straight into the main amplifiers in the club/bar with no need for external mixer, computer screen or mouse.

Al

Inviato Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 1:27 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Once they've finished the release, I'll be pursuing the ideas further... I already have working prototypes for some of the gear.

Al.

Inviato Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 1:28 am
icetreHome userMember since 2001
I would rather see support for the DMC-1 controler from numark.

Seems that this would be easier than reinventing the wheel.

check out http://www.djmart.com/numdmdigmedc.html

I really do not want to spend 800 bux on a controler that does everything, but would rather spend 250 on a box that wil control

Adam

Inviato Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 8:05 pm
We are already in discussion with both Numark and Gemini about hardware command for Atomix, and we'll try our best to have this command ready before the end of the year (but I can't promise anything).

Stephane C.

Inviato Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 10:43 pm
Mine is already working, but it still lacks a number of buttons (which I'm going to add in the coming days).

Looks like the Atomix Team exceeded my expectations.... ;-)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Inviato Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 11:08 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've had some "not so great" experiences with Gemini products over the years. I hope they are up to the challenge.....

Inviato Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 11:17 pm
How about a tochscreen?,

I mean when you are working with Atomix in a club like i do, the best setup is a touchscreen and a mixer!. i don't now if it's also a option for the home users because i paid like $1000 for the mixer and a $1000 for the tochscreen. for them the hardware interface like the Numark dmc-1 is better(i am using that to).
But my biggest problem with Atomix = the sound and the Fade in and out in the autoplay.
I suggested a good dynamics soundproccesor like Otsjuke and Vdj2, because this will make the software play every mp3 at the same level and i don't mean only the db's but it wil adjust the High, Mid and low freakens of every song to the same level, so when you are playing a playlist it's like you are listining to a cd.
also Otsjuke and Vdj2 have a perfect fade in and out option, but i now the are working on it in V.2.01.

Inviato Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 10:40 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)