Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: EQ reset

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I was just wondering:
is there any way to JUST reset the EQ-crossfader..
I looked in the xml of some skins and it seems that a button with action=eqreset and chan=1 resets the EQ-crossfaders as well... but I'd like one reset for each; 1 ,2 and EQ-crossfader(not both, just the EQ-crossfader)

Inviato Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 9:26 pm
That was me... forgot to login..

Help me out, will ya guys? :)

Inviato Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 9:28 pm
For the time being... there is no reset-button for just the crossfaders. You can add rightclick="reset" (or dblclick="reset") in the slider-elements to reset the crossfaders.

I mentioned the fact that the EQ-reset-buttons also reset the EQ-crossfaders in the beta-forum, late in the last beta-test (just before the release). If this is going to be changed, I cannot answer. We'll have to wait until the next update.

- Jim

Inviato Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 10:07 pm
OK.. then I know.. not that I'm even near the XML-stage of my skin-project yet..

I've been stuck in the planning stage for 3 days now..
constantly moving and resizing schematic figures for all the vital elements and haven't even started on a graphical design yet.. :oP

Damn it's hard work making a skin completely from scratch... just hope I get it all where it should be so that people will actually USE my skin once it's done :o)

I'll probably start modelling the console/background before the weekend but that stage will take some time as well as I'll do a whole dualplayer-mixer station straight out of my head in a 3D-program..
It'll be SO neat when I'm done, that's why I take this time to make sure everything's in the right place before I start on the graphics :o)

Inviato Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 11:56 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually, the EQ Reset button only resets the EQ-Faders if their below "center" on the deck your using the EQ Reset button on. I noticed this too, but it makes sense to me to do it that way. If your resetting the EQ's for that deck, then you'd also want to reset the EQ Fader if thier below normal. If it didn't, then whatever band was low, would still be low. Kinda defeats the purpose of resetting the EQs. ;)

If the EQ Fader is higher then center (normal), then it will not reset since going higher makes the other deck go lower, not the deck your resettting.

I'b probably not making any sense here, but you can try it on some of Janosch skins (or mine :) that has EQ sliders and faders that are up-down oriented.

Using deck 1, set your EQs to any place lower then center, and the Faders any where lower then center. When you hit the reset button, all the faders will center. Now, move the EQs low, and the Faders high. Hit the reset and only the EQs center, but not the faders.

The faders when high have no effect on the bands. they dont amplify the bands, so theres no need to reset them. I hope that clears it up somewhat. ;)

Inviato Thu 18 Apr 02 @ 11:23 am
Perfect!!
I'm not really surprised that Mr. Research himself found out how it worked.. ;)

It actually makes sense now that you know about the above/below-center concept :o)

Inviato Thu 18 Apr 02 @ 11:39 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I guess instead of "Junior Member" I sould be "Mr. Research" :)

Grimm
Mr. Research

Inviato Fri 19 Apr 02 @ 10:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)