Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixin R 'N' B

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Plz help
as yet i have not mastered how to mix r n b...........
plz i dont want all these anon. posts sayin rnb is shit and trance is da best... I AGREE!! but customers dont always wanna hear trance, they like variety, and they espescially like rnb here in Australia... hrmmmmmmmmm any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

peace,
.::DJ2nV::.

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 12:17 am
I have a four channel mixer and I was thinking of hooking up a turntable along with atomixmp3. This would allow me to scratch and also spin the record fast with my hand while mixing into Atomixmp3. These are two ways to mix with Atomixmp3 while using hip-hop/RnB style.

Inviato Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 6:06 am
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
hey! I live in Australia too (Syd), and I've noticed the massive increase in popularity of rnb. I use atomix to mix mainly trance and house, but also rnb, which is by far the hardest of the three. Personally, I like trance and rnb equally, I think that it goes without saying that both genres have their good and shithouse songs. Each genre suits a different mood...anyway, this is how I mix rnb. It would have been nice if Rabicem733 had elaborated on the "two ways"...

Firstly, I calculate the bpm of each song. You probably already know not to rely on the automatically calculated bpm because it's usually wrong with the irregular beat found in most rnb/hip-hop. I've been using the Pitchfork plugin for winamp to do this, but I just got a prog called DJBPM which I think works better. As with any music, know your tracks, especially the length in beats of the intro and outro. Each song is of course different in this aspect, so make a note of each song in the comments column. The intro/outro lengths are usually quite short, maybe 16 or 32 beats at most, unlike full 12" trance mixes. So use the loop function in Atomix to extend your mixing time. However, you probably won't want to mix the 2 tracks together too long, because of clashing vocals or beats. Beat match, but slide your x-fader over fairly quickly. If you like, drop in some samples (I'm waiting for v2.1 to be able to do this with an external mixer).

Download some live or studio sets, such as DJ Moto or DJ Sefu (if you live in Syd, you should have heard of them).

I know this thread is old, so nobody will probably read all this...anyway, I'd like to hear from other more experienced DJ's about mixing rnb/hip-hop.

Mike

PS. DJ2nV/DJ-Nero, where in Aus are you?

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 7:09 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Im in Sydney Aus too!!!
lol
We should joint DJ an Atomix Mp3 dance party lol....
im bein serious if u wanna!!!
I can hire an 18,000watt system wit 4 subs and 8 tops (all EV X-Array Speakers and EV amps) for AUS$4000 per day.....

.::DJ2nV::.

Inviato Fri 18 Jan 02 @ 11:16 am
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
whoa ok we should chat! email me here:

eddiwood(at)hotmail.com

take out the (at) (i don't want spam)

Mike

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 10:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)