Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: beat matching

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

can anyone give me any tips on beat matching
cheers

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 02 @ 11:18 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You could try to use the "Magic!"-button... This beat-matches the 2 decks automatically.

Greetz, ikke

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 02 @ 2:00 pm
Sure, first know your music. Some music has a "hard" beat, or accent beat on every count....(ie) A A A A of the four beats. Some music has a hard beat on the two count (ie)
A B A B and other music has a hard beat on the third (ie) B B A B or just the opposite A A B A. Hope this makes sense.

Music with dis-simular beat styles, try the Bass Kill on the Transition song and mix with a loop. This can give you a flawless mix. I like long mixes and looping can give you a really Hot mix, especially if you use an effect like flanger or pan. It can serve to build the energy of the club.

Although, there will be times when you want to make a "break" transition, by letting one song fade out and another song start. For example if going from 110BPM to 140 BPM. You don't want to do this frequently, but there are times when you need to change the "mood and Attitude" of the club, so such a transition would be needed. Make sure your slider is in the middle position for this. This will allow the ending song to fade out and the new tune to start without "dead air" time.

This is just a little of the information you need, but I hope it helps.

Keep Mixin'
Ronny582

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 02 @ 3:35 pm
Some good advice there from Ronnie. Ikke, the user obviously knows of the magic button and was not asking the question only to be patronised with an answer like yours, he wanted to know about HOW to beatmatch manually, the methods used, not how to click a mouse cursor on a button. It would be wise to think before replying like that.

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 8:38 am
First of all, I'd like to say, I don't use Atomix's beatmatchin algo at all, I did at first, now I find it more fun to beatmatch manually, that way I can also mix from Atomix to decks/CD's, great fun!

The method I use... The playing track, lets say its a standard 4/4 *boom boom boom boom* track, I SLOW the next track down, and slowly speed it up until its semi matched, then I perfect and jog the tune til its nice and clean :)

If its a breaks song, ala Hybrid, 1 tip, beatmatch the snare, use your kills :)

- Bren (Syfoon)

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 9:00 pm
Thanks for the compliment. There is much more to beat matching than that which I have mentioned, but it is a good start. Would you like some more info? Just let me know.

I was a club DJ in LARGE metro clubs (gay) in the 80's and won DJ of the year awards. I may be an old timer (42) but I still like to mix music. It is a passion. I keep current with the tunes, and guest DJ on occassions. See, us old timers are good for something!!! (grin)

Keep Mixin',
Ronny582

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 11:04 pm
Glad I'm not the only 'old timer' using atomix Ronnie ¦¬)

Sounds like our histories are very similar.

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 3:19 am
Hey dave_ocean!

Maybe we should start an AARP board here! Kidding.

Just curious, what is your (if you have one) all time favorite from that era?

I have several, but the song that really takes me back is the Disconet Version of Hit and Run Lover by Carol Jiani!

I have been able to rip most of my vinyl to mp3. We should compare lists at some point!

Keep Mixin'
Ronny582

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 4:27 pm
Yeah Practise on R&B. Rave/techno is easy to mix just loop 4 or 8 beats with both songs mix thiose beats and relese the loop on the song comming in and it sounds good. With R&B match the beat with the (*clap*)/Snare and find out how many beats till the chorus finishes and mix after a chorus onto the next chorus sounds great. use the bass mid and high frequency sliders mostly on techno to help release background noise etc and use flanger hope this helps...

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 02 @ 2:42 am
petakeHome userMember since 2002
great tips there ronny. i'm new to the scene of mixing but with tips like those you make my life(the virtual one at least) a lot easier.

i would like to know some advice on how to beat match songs that are in 2/3 with others that are in 4/4 etc..
i'm sure you have a lot of tricks for us beginners so thanx in advance

Inviato Tue 12 Feb 02 @ 3:56 am
Petake,

Here are a few suggestions, you will have to figure out which works best for the songs you are trying to mix.

You can let the sound fade from the one and do a Hard start of the other. Have your fader in the midway position for this.

OR,

You can use a sound effect at the transition (siren, etc) Cheesy, at times,but can be effective. Don't overuse this technique. Maybe once per nite!

OR,

if there is an ambient or snare break, mix at this point.

Hope this helps... and the compliments appreciated! ;}

Keep mixin'
ronny582

Inviato Tue 12 Feb 02 @ 8:11 pm
petakeHome userMember since 2002
thanx very much,i'll work on this and ask you s'more questions when i'm ready for more

thanx again

Inviato Fri 15 Feb 02 @ 4:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)