Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Did you ever notice...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Well, i'm using two soundcards with main output on the primary and headphones on the secondary, as normal...

But did you ever notice that ONLY the active deck plays on the headphones and the inactive one doesn't?

How useless it that... How the hell am I meant to manually align the beats of the songs on the headphones if I can't hear both at once?!? Ugh.

Inviato Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 8:04 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
Indeed, a cue mix feature would be absolutely superb, although, just learn to live without it...

... or buy an external mixer

- Bren (Syfoon)

Inviato Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 6:51 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
agreed! so i bought an external mixer... it's so much more fun that way anyhow :D

Inviato Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 7:46 am
just buy an external mixer and taste the experience of using two sound cards man

Inviato Mon 04 Mar 02 @ 3:13 pm
I've always done my mixing purely on the PC before - How does an external mixer actually work?

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 12:18 pm
a mixer is very easy in use..just plug the cable from soundcard 1 into channel 1 on the mixer ,and the cable from soundcard 2, into channel 2 on the mixer. Then use the crossfader to pan from channel 1 2 or 2 1. Easy :)

you can offcourse plug your headphone into a mixer ,and match the pitch/BPM/level before you crossfade. The headphones can monitor both channel at once or just a selected channel, either its channel 1 or 2

if you havent seen a dj mixer before; take a look at this "clasic" from pioneer: http://www.djsounds.com/hardware/djm-300s.htm

Inviato Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 11:21 am
Just make sure you get good soundcards though. Bad sound cards have latency problems making mixing a horrifying experience.

Inviato Thu 14 Mar 02 @ 3:47 am
your supposed to have the earphone over only one ear!

then you listen to your song playing thru the speakers at the same time and match the beats.

then when your happy with the sound, fade your headphone song into the main mix!

Inviato Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 12:39 am
Skymaster! How do you like your DJM-300? I am thinking of purchasing one myself. I am wondering how accurate the BMP counter is. Is it more accurate then using Atomix' counter? Thanks.

Inviato Fri 09 Aug 02 @ 7:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)