Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: scratching with atomixmp3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

please tell me which tracks should one use to scratch
and how do you do scratching ? (dont tell me to take the mouse on the ruler and click) EXPLAIN ? ? ?
suggestiond welcome
thank x
( ( g | e | r | a | r | d | o ))

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 8:23 am
It's impossible to scratch with Atomix MP3 unless some programmer creates an effect for this.

The closest I've ever seen to software scratching is Traktor music mixing application by Native Instruments.
You can go in the setup and then to preferences tab and select direct for the mous scratch transmission and make sure DJ Mode is selected also.

U can use lots of tracks for scratching, experiment with old school stuff or crows and birds. Anything that sounds natural I think... come on there's got to be a pro DJ reading this, please correct me of re-enforce my reply.

ANYWAYS, MP3s just don't scratch cuz it plays streaming audio and U gotta program a direct movement mesurer thingy so it can read how you fling the RECORD, wich it's not, around and play with them two frigin' switches I never got to know what they was but I think one is the pitch and mod wheel but I DON'T KNOW so that's why you DJ reading this gotta reply.

have fun experimenting with Birds ;) RAW RAW ROOAAAWWW, I got that right now

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 2:47 am
If you wanna scratch you might want to try Otsjuke.
You have to convert your mp3's to their favoured format, but this enables you to scratch away like you've got fleas.

Inviato Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 6:08 am
you can scratch in 2.1
???

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 5:01 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Yes just drag the rythm curve with the mouse !

DJ Homeboy

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 9:38 am
You need to go to Options, then Scratch and set it to hold.

Now just grab the waveform and move it side to side.

If you have an external mixer set up to Atomix it will give you one of the most realistic scratching sounds I've heard in a software program. (If you already know how to scratch with wax)

You might have to adjust your mouse settings until you get a speed you feel comfortable with.

It still doesn't compare to the real thing but it's way better than Traktor.

Peace out

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 7:52 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
It also gives you the oppurtunity to scratch tracks that may never make it on to an LP.

DJ Homeboy

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 11:02 pm
Personally I don't use the scratch feature much .... don't get me wrong ... its AWESOME for a software program ... but its impossible to scratch like you can as you would with Vinyl.

Whats the optimal mouse settings for scratching ??!!!

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 02 @ 4:06 am
Optimal mouse settings? Well I'd say the fastest movement possible without any accelaration to get total control of the movement and yet be able to scratch quite a bit length-wise..

If you use a PS/2-mouse and you're able to set the PS/2-update-rate I'd suggest a high update-frequency to so that it doesn't jump to much between updates of the mouse-movement.

Was this of any help 2 U? :)

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 02 @ 10:43 am
Hi everybody! Please, anybody send to me atomixmp3 v2.1!!!
Thx!

maya@jakuza.hu

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 6:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)