Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Scratching with Atomix .... !!!!!!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I used to find that the scratching feature on atomix was pretty useless ..... BUT ...

I find that scratching is alot more controllable and functional when you are using an 800 x 600 skin !!!!!

Try it out for yourself !!!!!!

Inviato Sun 14 Apr 02 @ 8:48 pm
manuelHome userMember since 2002
is there any chance of making even lower res skins than 800x600,cuz the smaller the less cpu hoggage and that would mean i could lose atlot of skips i get in my mixes :(

Inviato Sun 14 Apr 02 @ 9:02 pm
I've been planning and sketching on a skin of my own and this weekend I realized that one skin alone isn't all that fun:
I'll probably do several versions of it.. from a huge 1280x768 (bigger sliders=more precision.. a proven fact *nods at Grimm*) to 800x600-skins with every possible button/function and simpler ones for our friends with external mixers...
A 640x480 skin might be one of them..

I just have to figure out what buttons/sliders are vital to have on them all and actually get started some day... :)

Inviato Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 10:40 am
Put the horns from the intro of "Funking for Jamaica" (Tom Brown) in a short loop (1) , set the scratch on hold and you'll have a pretty nice sound close to the real thing !

Inviato Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 5:10 pm
Yes, a 640x480 skin with only the essential functions, big buttons and a simple design would be really great.
But does the software support it ?

Maxime

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 3:55 pm
@Maxime: it sure does.. but what is the REAL essentials in such a skin.. do you need EQ-crossfaders, local BPM info, etc?
How much can be stripped off before it's rendered useless?

I can always make a LOT of small buttons even in a 640x480-skin but it seems unnecessary if all you need is play/pause, stop, crossfader and 2 EQ's....

Anyway.. this is a skinning-issue and should be handled in the skins-forum but PLEASE, gimme some ideas people! :o)

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 4:43 pm
and pitch of course

Inviato Thu 18 Apr 02 @ 12:52 am
whats up people yo i really love showing off this program to all my friends and i even used it a couple times at birthday parties but the thing is that i wish u guys could put in some scratching functions in a future version. it would really be nice to scratch mix and beat juggling like a REAL DJ,

so fix it up soon so i can create some wicked mixes to listen to while im rollin in my ride.

lates

Inviato Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 6:21 pm
anonymous: unfortunately thats pretty close to impossible to make it sound like scratching real vinyl. WHy you ask? because its not vinyl. Theres no needle scratching. Your using a digital file. Very hard to reporoduce, and sound good

Dj Bacchus

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 5:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)