Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: syncronizing beats

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

simply, how do i synch the beats on this??? i can't seem to figure it out like i can on my regular tables. any help plz.
thank boiz

-kev

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 1:41 am
basically, this program is useless if you can't synch. the beats when your crossover from song to song, thats what dj'ing is all about. when you crossover and your beats are off, not only does it sound nasty, but the crowd will let you know, believe me, ive been there. so any help is cool.

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 2:04 am
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
the beats are seen on the screen on the top,when its played the music moves the ones that goes like a mountain are exact beats,you can count them visually or by ear,or let the program cound it itself,you can either just match the pitch then match the beats by visual or ear as you prefer or let the program do it,by pressing the automix button,but if you have tables then its easier to use what you know

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 7:46 am
If you know how to work the wheels of steel this should REALLY be a piece of cake:

You have automatic (and dynamic) BPM-calculation to aide you, you can nudge, shift the pitch and you can actually SEE 4-8 beats of audio ahead of time incase you don't know your tunes by heart.
(you really should know what u're spinning but I've managed to go through several unknown tunes in a row just by keeping an eye on the rhythm-window/graph)

The most reliable way to "synch the beats" would be to find the first bass-kick of the incoming track (usually used as cue-point 1) and nudge(left/right arrows) it or mouse-drag it so that you see that beat just at the outer left end of the rhythm-window, wait for the right beat in the playing song to show up and press the Play(Esc) or the "Magic button"(Space) just as the two beats/peaks align.

Then you SHOULD have a fairly good start.. íf you don't nudge and pitch-shift in small increments...

This is all very basic.. RTFM guys...

*LUNCH*

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 12:24 pm
Also important to remember that songs work in cycles of 8. Sometimes the beat cycles of 16, 32 whatever, but you want to match the 1st beat in the cycle of the playing track, with the 1st beat in the cycle of the second track. If they are off, the beats will hit together, but it will still sound off, as the emphasis is hitting on two different counts.

Was that understandable?

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 4:38 am
True.. true... it was crystal clear to me.. even though I must admit I miss out on that part myself..

I often have no clue if the songs I'm mixing have 8, 16 or 32 beat cycles so sometimes I accidentally start the second track with the 1st beat of a cycle in the middle of a (longer) cycle of the first track...

To remedy this I usually assume that the first beat after a buildup/bridge is the start of a new cycle which might not be true in all cases but it works, even if it's a bit predicatable and a boring way to mix tunes as people will know when the next track is coming (="after the next buildup")..
And by doing so I also miss out on those fabulous, often very energetic and stirring cycles right after the buildup where people generally freak out on the floor :o)

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 10:17 am
atriusHome userMember since 2002
Tommy, that's not because your mixing is lacking but because you just don't know the tracks you mix. Listen to them carefully, know them by heart, and study what is the best way to enter the track, and if it should be looped .

These days, its more about what you play and how you play it, than how you mix it .

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 3:03 pm
True.. so true.. when I stick to the roads I know I don't get lost.. so to speak... but then again..
hearing a good tune on the radio or on some shoutcast-stream, just grabbing it and actually putting it seamlessly into a mix of your own without even listening to it to learn it.. what a RUSH! :o)

But you are right.. it does work a lot better with the tunes you've heard a couple of times as you know how they sound all the way to the end... :o)

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 3:13 pm
At the beginning of the cycle, there is usually a cymbal, or something that only happens at the beginning. So sometimes you get lucky and can hear that, and sometimes you can't. But try listening for it, you'll be surprised.

Inviato Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 12:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)