Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: mix using EQ's only...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I wonder...
Is there anyone who doesn't use his crossfader but his EQ instead to mix?
How do you mix then?
Do you drop in the high first, then the middle etc...?
Just being courious here...

Inviato Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 1:00 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Mostly I use an external mixer so I just set my eq where it sounds good on Atomix and use the external to adjust.

DJ homeboy

ps without eq crossfader shortcuts I still find the eq crossfaders uselsess.

Inviato Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 1:16 am
I have another question regarding the difference between an external mixer and the mixer in Atomixmp3....
Is there any difference: are there even two different eq's (for each channel) on a real mixer?
Thankx

Inviato Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 10:39 am
Well .... the actual structure is the same. Bass, Mid, Treble and Gain controls are on each channel, and then you have the input faders and the crossfader. Right now I am using a Numark DM2002x, which kicks ass !!!!!!

Here, I will sum up everything:

Atomix Mixer Pros:

* Great Bass Kills
* No need to buy an external mixer (Save $$)
* Great for recording your mixes (Atomix mixes everything "digitally", no there is no sound quality loss
* The gain range in atomix is +/- 30dB !!!!!!!!!
* No need to worry about static in the faders, knobs, etc !!!!!!

External Mixer Pros / Atomix Mixer Cons:

* The feel of using a real mixer, and having control with acutal knobs, faders, instead of keyboard shortcuts makes for a better mix
* Increasing the gain in atomix beyond +6dB causes distortion, which does not happen in external mixers
* External Mixers are better for hooking up to larger sound systems which usually have 2 or 3 outputs (master, booth and record).

Hope this is of help !

Inviato Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 5:45 pm
And about using the EQ/EQ crossfader to mix I have to say that I like to mix that way...
Usually when I have the next track cued and ready I put the crossfader somewhere near the middle of the playing tracks half of the fader and set the EQ-crossfader so that the bass-fader is significantly over to the playing track, taking the mids with me to that side but not that much so you can hear both mids mix when I release the second track and then I go on gut feeling with the highs.. either I keep the playing highs or I leave it in the middle and let both highs blend in (remember that the crossfader isn't at the halfway mark so it will still be more of the playing track)...

Then I just wait for the right beat and release the next track so that it syncs with the other song.. sort of after a buildup you enhance the actual peak of the song by bringing on the next one in sync but still very subtle :)

Inviato Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 7:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)