Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: External Mixers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi
I just got a Numark DM1002X mixer and I tried it out with AtomixMp3. I noticing something and I dont know if it's a problem or a new thing.

On my Atomix, the 2 songs are matched. Matched as in they are completely on top of each other(visually) and I used to mix like this before which sounded good. But using the external mixer, I see that the songs match but the mix comes out off beat. And some songs seem to be very off beat that I have to have one song playing alot further than the other one. So is this what happends when using an external mixer?
Was the songs never properly mixed before I used an external mixer?

Is one sound card playing the track slower than the other?

I have 2 soundcards. SB Audigy Gamer and C-Media on board soundcard.(Asus sis645 board)

Do you think there is a problem?

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 4:12 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have heard of problems reported with using 2 different soundcards. I was searching the forum for you and so far have been unable to find the fix so I am trying to remember what I had read about this. I believe it may have something to do with the settings in the soundcards or something to do with the aspi drivers. I am going to search more for you. I use an external mixer while utilizing the dual mono out option with 1 soundcard. If you are unable to fix this problem I suggest giving that set up a try.

DJ Homeboy

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 5:29 am
I see what you are saying: The songs displayed in the curve appear to look matched, while the output does not sound synced together.

This was a major problems in a few of the beta versions of 2.1. I temporarily solved that problem by purchased a cheap 3-D 6 channel Cmedia soundcard.

But I have never heard of anyone having this problem in 2.1 before. Try re-installing atomix and re-installing the drivers for your sound-cards.

Your external mixer does not have anything to do with this. I have a numark dm2002x (which is SWEET i might add), and there is no reason that external hardware would be a factor in this problem your having.

If I am not mistaken, you're probably using an illegal copy since the demo does not support multi-soundcard output and anyone that has a "newbie" status indicates they have not purchased the full version.

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 6:17 am
Sound-card latency might be the source of this problem..

Before you used the mixer, did you perhaps just use one soundcard and now you have to?

Two different soundcards will most likely always process audio at slightly different speeds, sometimes leading to minimal latency-differences which aren't even noticeable and sometimes it leads to audible mismatch even if you start the same song at the exact same time on both decks.

The best way to avoid latency-problems is to just use one soundcard (mono-slitter or 3D) as there is almost no latency at all within the same soundcard.
Using two identical cards or two soundcards that you know have the same output latency would help...

I'm not sure but I don't think any soundcard on the market has any means of synching it's output with another soundcard so basically using two physically separated cards will lead to latency-differences, no matter how small they might be.

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 9:35 am
typeo: have tWo.. not "have to"

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 9:35 am
btw.. when I sort of lead us into the subject..
I'll be buying a new 'puter soon and it'll probably be based on nVidia's new nForce-chipset which has built-in 5.1 audio.. we're talking "neglectable latency" as the "soundcard" is embedded into the south bridge of the chipset which means it has an VERY good line to CPU and memory..

nForce isn't the best chipset out there according to tests made BUT I sure like the idea of a 5.1 dolby-system hooked up directly to my 1.9 GHz AMD-processor :)

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 9:42 am
Thanks for the help.
I'll look into the latency. I have used a splitter before I had 2 soundcards but, it didnt seem to do the job well. I kind of felt as if something wasnt right.(if you know what I mean?)

anyways, it doesnt really bother the mixing. I just have to shift one song up/down a little bit.

I would like to know about another problem if I may.

whenever I play a song on atomixMP3 a lot of the times the songs dont play "clean". By that I mean the beats dont sound "whole" like in winamp. It sounds like there are 2 beats
very slightly apart. (This is when I play only one song. When I'm not mixing anything.)
I hope I'm explaining myself correctly here.

e.g. The beats dont go "Boom" "boom".... it goes "boboom" boboom", this is when I only play one song.(Gosh, I hope you guys understand what I'm saying)

plus, does atomixMP3 play better with 128k MP3 than 192k MP3?

my config (in case it helps)
p4 1.8a
asus p4s333
512mb ddr 333
GF4 ti 4600
SB Audigy Gamer and C-Media on board soundcard.(Asus sis645 board)
winXP

Tom : 5.1 right into your system, that would be nice!!

Inviato Fri 03 May 02 @ 2:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)