Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Need advice on mixing hardware....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

rnavaiHome userMember since 2002
Hey,
To anyone who is using external hardware for atomix... I want to know if it's worth fully investing into atomix and external hardware...
I don't necessarily need the numark controller, but I would like to be able to mix the tracks with hardware (better feel)
I like mixing tracks using the eq-crossfader. can anyone recommend hardware that lets me do this kind of mixing, at a reasonable price?
Could you also tell me what I need to get the hardware to work ? (I have one sound card, but it's 3D, so I use the surround channels for monitoring tracks)

thanks.

Inviato Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 3:11 am
Hi there,
I'm using a pioneer mixer for mixing. I thought i could mix good before and now I know that i merely scratched the surface of how good i can mix. In all honesty u need a mixer to be able to mix music. You need to be able to adjust all the eq's quickly and simultaneously, which is a bit tricky with the key's and a mouse, I tried but its a lot easier with a mixer and more fun.

I'd say the mixer I would get now would be the Behringer VMX 300 or the 200. Very good mixer for the price, you can research into it if u want. I already have and its a winner. Good price too.

Too get it too work, you just need a splitter. ie a splitter that splits a 3.5mm jack (ie your typical sound card jack output) into 2 rca plugs. You can get these just about anywhere, go to your local electronic type store they'll have em'.

Ok, so you split the output from your front output of your soundcard and the rear output of your soundcard. Then just connect up the rca's with your mixer and walah! easy as pie. So u need 2 rca cables and 2 splitter things, oh yeah and 1 more rca cable going from the mixer too your stereo or your output source.

HOWEVER THERE ARE POINTS TOO NOTE
- depending on your soundcard when you use the 3d soundcard option, you may get varying sound qualities coming from the front and rear outputs as on some soundcards like the sblive! the codecs used to produce the sound are different, which means varying volumes and qualities of sounds produced, which means its a real &%%* to mix (hopefully the reasons why r obvious enough).

Ie If you played a song through the left channel (front channel on your s/card) it would be worse quality than if u played it on the right channel (rear output). Even though its the same song.

LOL, I quickly discovered this problem. It meant I could do some mixes sweetly, but was very limited in other mixes. I've just bought a Terratec dmx 6 fire which fixes everything, good card, good quality sound.

So mixer > worth buying, check out your s/card first. Also if you feel like buying say a CDJ1000 one day then already having a mixer can't help.

Hope I helped,
Kevin 'nivek14@hotmail.com'

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 02 @ 7:20 pm
oops mistake!! LOL I meant to say that already owning a mixer, won't be a bad thing if u decide to get a CDJ1000 or tables later, cos you'll definately need it then.

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 02 @ 7:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)