Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Are 128kbps enough for a club?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I would like to ask if the mp3 songs with 128kbps quality are good enough to be played in clubs,or some sound is "lost" at the perfomance and i have to use mp3 close to cd quality ,like 192kbps or 320kbps?Thank u for helping me!

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 02 @ 1:14 am
JayDeePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would say : Yes !!
Of course, better are 160kbps.
But i think 128kpbs is still ok !

Inviato Thu 26 Sep 02 @ 2:08 pm
sirleeControlleristMember since 2003
It depends on the codec you use for encoding. In the past there where codex out which sounded HORRIBLE at 128Kbps. The old Xing Encoder for example - terrible.

But with a decent codec - for example LameEnc (freeware codec coming with Cdex CD-Ripping software) - it sounds just fine.

I guess with the avarage BOOM, TSCHAK, BOOM, TSCHAK kind of sound you will never hear any difference.

Inviato Fri 27 Sep 02 @ 12:36 pm
yaaaaatikom asba el kol

Inviato Wed 16 Oct 02 @ 2:33 am
NO, try for 192... thats reasonable... even better is never mp3 encoded wav file...

jB

Inviato Fri 18 Oct 02 @ 7:52 am
Depends who your crowd is...

if your crowd are a bunch of audiophiles on a quiet, sharp system, they'll stone you for using 128kb

But if it's just a bunch of people having fun, on a big ol' club system, 128kb is fine, just make sure it sounds remotely good..

Inviato Mon 21 Oct 02 @ 8:11 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
Damnit, I forgot to login :P

Inviato Mon 21 Oct 02 @ 8:11 pm
I encode all my mp3's with the free cd-xtractor program that uses lame and 128 at high quality sounds virtually indistinguishable from the cd (note this is for hip hop and 4 to the floor beats). It creates a very slight compression which you won't hear unless you an audiophile and some beats , especially hip hop, sound fattened up as compared to the cd. You can notice compression when the beat goes away and then the highs get really high since they're not being squeezed and what i do is eq down the mids and highs when the beat is absent and then when it comes back you can notice the compression. But the sound quality is really excellent nonetheless. One more note, rock tracks tend to sound shittier then electronic music, since rock usually has real instruments and the guitar can really suffer and sound like shit without proper eqing to offset the compression.

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 10:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)