Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just tried out CD tables for the 1st time ....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I finally got around to going to the local music store and renting a Denon DN-2100F CD player to try out for fun !!!!

Well it was cool at first ... !! Although it did not have beat counters ... I managed to beatmatch no problem because of my experience using atomix !! It was really not that impressive, other than the fact it had better audio quality ....(songs played in atoimix that are pitched up sound like crap, no offence, but you cannot aviod hearing that annoying hiss.)
I did not find any major advantages of that over atomix.

It got tedious always .... cue ... play .... pitch bend ... pitch up .. cue play ... pitch up ..... over and over again. Even if being a DJ was a career of mine .... I'd so take Atomix over anything !!! It allowed me to do soooooooooooo much more like:

-> Effects
-> Advanced looping
-> Multiple decks (instances)
-> Perfect Audio Dynamics (LOL Salva!)
-> Abiliy to see when breaks start/end
-> SCRATCHING (Which i am getting good at by the way)
And a million other things.

Once again, Million thanks for such a great product.

Inviato Fri 18 Oct 02 @ 11:49 pm
for what do you use your multiple instances????
accapellas?

Inviato Sat 19 Oct 02 @ 7:25 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
uhm, Atomix's pitch control is perfect...

... if you turn off that "Always keep the same pitch" thing...

y'know, the one that makes it sound the same if you speed it up :P

Turn that off and it sounds fine (to me)

Inviato Mon 21 Oct 02 @ 9:21 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not true. Increasing pitch in Atomix produces static hissing. It's more noticable in some tracks then others. Very annoying. It's the only problem that I encountered so far.

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 02 @ 12:34 am
I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that !!! You notice it on songs with heavy bass lines and little mid to high frequencies. Kill the highs and mids and move the pitch slider back and forth ... you will definately see what I am saying !

That is definately an advantage when using CD tables !

But I Think that is the biggest thing about the program that needs immediate attention. Otherwise everything else about the program kicks ass. I have no skipping problems and the songs mix flawlessly probably because I have a fast enough system with plenty of ram, latest sound card drivers and nothing running in the background. The sound quality is the same as winamp (provided that the pitch is 0%). I don't care about Dynamics since I use the gain control on my mixer for that. Other than that, looking forward to a newer release in the near future !!

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 02 @ 4:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)