Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: gapless change of tracks - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

now we have choices of begin, end, first beat, last beat when atomixmp3 does automatic mixing.
what we need is a way to change from one track to another gaplessly. since mp3 format is inherently not gapless, this should and can be done through one more choice in the automatic mixing. call it begin of sound, end of sound.

Inviato Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 8:03 am
i dont understand what you want?

Inviato Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 1:35 pm
one track playing after another without a gap, not mixed ...
clear? ;)

Inviato Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 7:00 pm
just straight away?

Inviato Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 8:54 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
set the mix end point to end... set the mix start point to beginning, set the mix length to no mix, and set the crossfader to either full, or cut.
Now set up an album side of mp3's... something that runs together, like a pink floyd CD or Abby Road. It'll play perfectly, no gaps, no pauses.

Inviato Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 9:08 pm
it does not play gapless. i have tried many times with many different tracks from mixed cd's.
the problem is mp3 is inherently not gapless.
atomixmp3 could add vorbis support which is gapless. or as i suggested, add a choice to be start from sound, end of sound.

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 11:14 am
They DO play gapless... I don't know what you are doing wrong. But I have no gaps from a mixed CD.
It may have to do with whatever program you are using to rip the tracks.

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 3:35 pm
i use Exact Audio Copy to rip and Lame 3.92 to encode with variable bitrate, minimum bitrate 128, V=q=0 for highest quality and mode to stereo to rip and ecode a mixed CD. And when I play those tracks in Atomixmp3, I set mixing to be automatic and automix length to zero (no mixing), automixstart at beginning, automixend at end, also set the crossfader to cut (it really should not make any difference since there is no mixing anyway). And there is a noticeable gap between tracks.

I read about the inherent nongaplessness of mp3 from an article posted by someone at the Lame team or someone very familiar with the mp3 encoder on one of the mp3 website. There are quite a few articles mentioning this inherent problem, but this article concentrates on explaining this problem and why with mp3 it just cannot be corrected.

To make sure, I also decoded the mp3 files to wav files and use a wave editor to look at the wave form. mp3 is not lossless, I understand. But the decoded wave files reveal a small section of silence at the beginning and ending of a track, though the original wave files do not have these silent sections.

Though there are ways to convert mp3 files to wave files then burn onto cd's gaplessly. I think some of those software will remove the silence at the beginning and end of an mp3 when converting to wave.

Winamp3 seems to be able to play mp3 files gaplessly by using directsound and in the directsound option check remove silence and define silence to be sound less than around minus 40 db. Since Atomixmp3 does not support directsound, this option is not there. In any case, even if Atomixmp3 supports directsound in the future, it needs to give users this option.

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 5:39 pm
Gee, I haven't read any such article. AND, with a mixed CD... I don't have gaps. It doesn't matter what program I ripp it with. Weather it's Audio Catalyst, or Real player, or EZCD creator. If I rip a CD where the tracks run together, and set them up in Atomix to play from the play list with autoplay enabled, no mix, full or cut crossfader, I don't have any gaps. It plays seemlessly. That was one of the first things I tried to do whe 2.1 came out.
You do want to be sure to turn off just about everything auto when doing this... no auto beat matching, gain, etc...

You always seem ready to argue about any point... try to relax!

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 5:54 pm
sorry. i am not trying to argue. i desperately want to be able to play gaplessly with atomixmp3 and have tried endless ways to no avail. when i read that article, i gave up. i am waiting for some new feature of atomixmp3 to let me do it.
that's why i truly want to know how you do it so i can do it too.
i never turn any of those auto things on anything.
are you playing wav files or mp3 files?
i think cd's (cda is not much different from wav files)
and wav files can be played gaplessly. the problem is with mp3 files.
what are other people's experience? am i the only one having this problem?

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 6:17 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
No problems here neither with mixed cd's. I just set Atomixmp3 to Automix with no beatmatching, no mix, Automix start = begining, Automix end = end. And away we go !

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 7:21 pm
Me too!

Inviato Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 2:45 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ATOMIX DOESNT PLAY GAPLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 8:59 am
ATOMIX DOESNT PLAY GAPLESS!!!!

I AGREE.

Ther should be a option where whe could adjust the fade in and out time!.

example:
Start fade in a new song at 1 till 10 sec.
Start fade out the old song at 1 till 10 sec.
This way whe can make a smooth crossover between the songs without silent or quiet moment.

p.s. i work with atomix for 3 years now please do not explane how it works.

Test it like this just select your favorite songs or load a playlist, not only house but different styles of music.
And let it play in automode most people wil have gaps between some songs(not all), only the people who have ripped the mp3 with the option to remove silent start and ends wil not have the gaps(but there are not much people who did it, like me :-(.)
set Atomixmp3 to Automix with no beatmatching, no mix, Automix start = begining, Automix end = end.

Test it this way, make a playlist of your favorite songs set the setings like this: No auto-beatmatch, start at beginning

Salva

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 9:04 am
Salva I have playe mixed cd's that have been ripped to mp3 and set the playlist up to play them and it was gapless. Make sure to achieve this you have Atomix set to no mix. Without a mixed Cd just set Atomix to begin at cue and end track at cue1. Set your cues up.

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 9:16 am
Yeah righhhhhht,

I am not going to set ceu points on a collection of 3500+ mp3's.

Just make the option, because atomixmp3 cant play gapeless.
i now a program who has the 1 to 10 sec. option and this one play's gapeless (for the rest it sucks).

Vote for good Dynamics and gapless playing ;-)

Inviato Fri 06 Dec 02 @ 11:17 pm
If you play all those songs set the cues as you go :)

Inviato Sat 07 Dec 02 @ 9:09 am
sorry but i use atomix for 90% as a jukebox in my two cafe's and restaurant and only for 10% as a Dj tool.

For the restaurant gapless playing isn't so important, but for the cafe's it is.

i am testing now the setting,
Auto mix start:Begining
Automix end :last beat

it seems to work fine

Inviato Sat 07 Dec 02 @ 10:30 am
It's cool that you have been able to use it that way. Just remember, Atomix was made by DJ's as a DJ tool. It does need some attention as it auto plays tracks. (usually the DJ provides this attention) However, I'm sure this is still MUCH better than using a 5 disc CD player in your establishment. :-)

Inviato Sat 07 Dec 02 @ 4:55 pm
you are so rigth, but don't forget who is the boss in the places where Dj's play??, guys like me are the boss!!.

I wanne say that a bar\pub or club owner is willing to invest in a mp3 system but then it has to be multi-functional, most bars and pubs are open for let's say 70 hours a week, and the Dj is there for like 20 hours a week.

So atomixmp3 has to automix for like 50 hours a week, so it would be perfect if the autoplay is going to be better than it is right now.
I mean i find that atomixmp3 is already a perfect Dj tool, i see no need for extra players and more loops ( the scratching could be better for the hip-hop Dj's).

Inviato Tue 10 Dec 02 @ 10:09 am
95%