Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: scratching and mixing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

when exactly do u change from one song to another...while one song is playing or do u switch to the other desk while the first one is not over...

also when and what should u scratch...if i scratch the active desk sometimes the sound is all messed up...if i scratch the inactive desk, then i can't hear anything...
please tell me....

Inviato Mon 23 Dec 02 @ 5:31 am
sup man...i'm doppleganger...from bangalore India...hmm..scratching in atomix is not similiar to a turntable cos the mouse really don't let u move the wave that well..u gotta hold the LB and drag the wave back n forth..to get the scratch sound..however it's real difficult to master..cos u gotta end the scratch at the beat else it totally gets buggered up...better to scratch a non-plaaying deck..drag the crossfader slightly so u can hear what's happenin...try somethin easy first..loop two 4 beats and play round with mixing one into an other..pick two similiar sounding house trax...they're usually easy to mix...loop one and scratch it as it loops and release ass soon as the 4 beat loop is ending....trust me it's tough..especially if u've got a ball mouse..i still get lagged though i use an optic mouse...u gotta really keep tring..but u'll get it...a good way of launchin into a track is an initial scratch...move the first beat slow at first then speed up thru 2 or 4 beats...it sound pretty good..try n tell how it went...cheers...

Inviato Mon 23 Dec 02 @ 7:25 pm
thanx a lot man...like u said..it's tough, but i think i am getting the hang of it...i live in pune, india...so waht music do u play...
i'm into house hip hop and trance...as the experienced one, please hit me back with some more tips...
:) happy new year...

ananda--get it in your soul...

Inviato Fri 27 Dec 02 @ 5:15 pm
maybe if you turn your monitor sideways, you can move your mouse up and down instead of back and forth. ;)

or....maybe not.

Inviato Mon 30 Dec 02 @ 6:07 pm
you can put on one deck on hold scratche mode and played
with it

Inviato Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 5:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)