Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stop this "I am a Pro" stuff please...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

sirleeControlleristMember since 2003
Everybody please stop using that silly phrase about being a professional DJ. Every 2.nd posting sounds like "Yo I am Pro, we need (insert your wish here) support. As pro I know this is needed by all other Pro's too" Sorry that is some kind of posting which DOES NOT sound like the opinion of a professional DJ. Could you please just state your wish and give a good reason why you need something.

If you really are professional then your postings will sound professional and everybody will know that you indeed are a pro.

Just imagine this behavior in other jobs. Like visiting a doctor. He opens the door and says: "Yo I am a pro Doctor. We need to replace your liver. I know this because I am a pro" Would you really listen to that guy?

Inviato Thu 13 Mar 03 @ 2:41 pm
kurfuHome userMember since 2003
Heh.

You know what's really funny? I noticed that the some of people that populate DJ-related boards tend to have ridiculously huge and childish egos, as opposed to the people on the musician/recording boards that I check out--they are much more mature and humble than these self proclaimed "pro" DJs.

The irony is that is takes years of practice and *actual talent* to play an instrument or engineer a recording, and being a DJ isn't really all that difficult. Geez... Get over yourselves already! Although… maybe these “pros” realize how easy this line of work is, and feel the need to boost themselves because of some insecurity issues?

Just last weekend at the bar I DJ for, an old acquaintance of mine was playing drums in a band that played the patio while I DJ'd inside. By the end of the night everyone was inside on my dance floor and he was playing to a mostly empty patio. Does this mean that I have more talent then he, or that I should go around bragging? No. There's nothing to brag about... *For the most part* all we do is pick songs and hit play. It's not brain surgery...

;)

-John

Inviato Thu 13 Mar 03 @ 3:07 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Yo' This is DJ Homeboy kickin it for ya ! I am a pro DJ PERIOD. I do not have any fun catch phrases besides this. If you like music I will make you dance !!!

Inviato Fri 14 Mar 03 @ 9:20 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)