Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: External Controller

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
All atomix needs now is an external controller to bridge the gap between the analogue and digital world.
Because vinyl is such a big part of the culture I believe you need to find a product that can emulate the analogue effect of vinyl. The scratch effect that is available is good, don’t get me wrong but have you tried to use it the same way you scratch on a turntable... im sorry but it just isn't there.

Check out: http://eks.fi/
and just imagine if you could adapt it to atomix... wow

Your thoughts people

Inviato Thu 20 Mar 03 @ 4:35 am
if you could adapt it to atomix... it will be revolution!!!
i think... :)

Inviato Thu 20 Mar 03 @ 5:22 pm
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh... Cool...

Dadegian

Inviato Thu 20 Mar 03 @ 7:06 pm
At e399+ VAT each they must be taking the piss....
Remember each of these pads incorporates one pair of stereo outs so you will need two..

If they could market these at a more reasonable price and get their software working (no auto bpm calculation or timestretching yet) then I'm sure that they will have a product that will give pcdj and traktor some serious competition.
I don't include Atomix here as no one that I've ever heard of uses/endorses the product...
(PCDJ have Nicky Holloway...Traktor have Coldcut, DJ Hell & LTJ Bukem among others... and now that Traktor is being incorporated into Stantons Final Scratch, Ritchie (Plastikman) Hawtin and and too many other big names to mention.

I have used PCDJ and Traktor but always come back to Atomix mainly because I like instant(working) beatmatch and timestretch as I spin a lot of vocal house tunes at up to +8. which would end up sounding like Pinky & Perky ( 60's-70's childrens TV show) without this feature

DJ Corpses FX are pretty cool (and usefull) too.

I am sure that someone out there can build a decent controller for less than the cost of a pro mixer (the new PCDJ controller (poss built by vestax) is £249 without the software for fcuk's sake .

If the developers were to approach Citronic, KAM, Behringer (or other European manufacturer) with a view to developing custom controller at the right price (£100 anyone???) I am sure they would be interested...

I feel that Atomix developers have been resting on their laurels for too long and it's time to put in a few competition trashing features into the app.... midi controllable fx, direct x or vst plugin functionality..

Some professional marketing would be usefull, rather than relying on " I'm a Pro dj me " teamers to push the product

Atomix users get to see some pictures taken at the Siel (looks like a jumble sale ) event when Native Instruments get stands at NAMM and Musikmesse events

A default skin that doesn't look as if it were designed by Fisher Price (US toy manufacturer) might help too...

Alternatively Atomix could change it's name to "My First DJ Decks", include a couple of DJ Sammy tracks and market the product straight to 5 year olds (with an optional Fisher Price hardware controller).

It may sound like I'm slagging Atomix but it wo'nt be long before Atomix unique features are incorporated into
the competitions products by which time they will have already run off with the ball and taken most of Atomix's "Pro
DJ" users off with them .....

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 03 @ 11:57 am
Digitize

I like it....
If you can get it to work I'm sure that it will be all that is needed in addition to nifty keyboard shortcuts to get the "vinyl crowd " to take Atomix seriously !!!
Real "hands on" scratching without wearing down expensive styli and ruining precious records...way to go man..

Inviato Thu 10 Apr 03 @ 12:43 am
I recently sent this to the Development team of ATOMIXMP3:
----->
I Love Atomixmp3 and recommend it to everyone I know.

BUT, I was out shopping the other day and found the
MIXMAN DM2 software and interface package for $10 US
at a Target store here in Pembroke Pines, FL. USA.

I couldn't resist the curiosity and purchased it..

After testing it extensivly, I found that the software program is VERY limited but the USB interface was a very good Idea!

MY question:

Does your development team have any intensions of working with this USB interface in the near future(the DM2)?

Else, what would your company charge a Private Party(like myself) to create a PLUG-IN that would allow this? (or do you guys know of any outside programmers that you can refer me to?)

Please reply, Im very excited about the possibilities.
Just in case you are not sure of the interface I speak of, please refer to : www.mydm2.com

Thank you for your time.

*******@hotmail.com

Inviato Thu 10 Apr 03 @ 7:03 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
BrockyBwoy where you from mate.

You know your good stuff. (Richie Hawtin, Coldcut etc...)

Your comments on the price of the EKS stuff are right but if you were to purchase decent decks you would be forking out the same kind of cash. I really like their idea but reckon atomixmp3 can beat that.

At the moment, thanks to Digitize's inspiration, im giving him a hand in designing this thing. Ive also got some plans of my own to build a prototype to use myself. Without atomixmp3 help on code however, I cant build something as good as the EKS stuff but I reckon I can build a controller that lets you scratch either deck (just flick a switch to change which deck you scratch) like a proper record, but smaller. And I reckon I can get some buttons done aswell. Fairly cheaply, now with two of these things to controll atomix I reckon were onto a good thing. One limitation would be that couldnt spin both decks at the same time. One or the other.

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 03 @ 2:32 am
jukesy

I'm from North Wales and spin anything that I like.....House,
Techno & Breaks to Soul/Funk reggae and classic pop....
If you can keep em' dancing with the tunes you really love yourself (rather than following the crowd) than as far as I'm concerned it makes you a good dj ...

With Atomix taking care of all the boring donkey work then we can get on with being creative.....

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 03 @ 9:45 am
New website

http://fastforwardthinker.com

some pics of my atomix scratch interface (minus the touch membrane)

Regards,
Diggabyte
scott@fastforwardthinker.com

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 03 @ 12:12 pm

Just look at this.......http://www.mspinky.com/
It's a fun site

Awesome vinyl decks/mixer to computer interface but without additional hardware $99 U.S
It only works with Mac at the moment (WAV,AIFF & Quicktime Video formats) but PC version promised soon

I read about it in this months Muzik mag .....
Awesome covermount mix CD by MJ Cole "Bassline Pressure"(well worth the £3.80)

Your thoughts ppl...

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 03 @ 11:54 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Who won this months bedroom bedlam?

Jukesy

Inviato Sat 12 Apr 03 @ 3:07 am
A Guy from London Tim Sui-
Mix is titled "Electro Therapy"

Various stuff he himself defines as being electro though I'm sure saddo "purists" would dissagree....

Great tracklist..

Inviato Sat 12 Apr 03 @ 12:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)