Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AUTO PITCH

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys and girls,
just started using VDJ, and my only problem is the pitch,

Is there any way of setting the pitch to say 12% or 15% for every sond, with out doing anything, ATM i'm manually increasing the pitch to 12% when each song comes to the deck, and as you know normal speed is too slow for a club, unless the song is allready increased.

if any one has any ideas i wold love to know..

KEEN DJ

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 4:23 am
@Keen:
I asked for something similar a long time ago, but I guess it just wasn't popular enough to get implemented.

It is a time saver to at least have the pitch of the next song close to what's playing. You can accomplish this to some degree by creating a shortkut to one of the Sync functions.... I can't remember which one but I have done it. If you can't figure it out, I can look at my keyboard mapping for you one day.

It works well, but.... it depends heavily on vDJ having acquired a fairly accurate BPM of the song. In my case, it doesn't always help because vDJ has trouble acquiring BPMs for the genre I spin.

BTW, what I asked for before was a shortcut (vDJ command) that sets the pitch slider to match the opposite deck, regardless of BPM value.... very simple [:o)

Having said that, I am happy with vDJ. It is the best of the pack, but I really wish development would come out of the Techno/Dance box to implement features that benefit a broader range of genres.

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 10:11 pm
An adjustable "pitch boost" option could be interesting, why not.

But I think that an increase of 12% all the time is too much!
I use to increase the pitch between 2 or 3% no more.

This is enough to produce the effect your are looking for, and people are not conscious of this modification.
:)

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:28 am
sorry, the previous message has mine, I was too long to write it.
:p

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:30 am
Grrrrrrrrrrr!

unable to have good login while writing a message, this anonymous was Kaléo.

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)