Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mix contest

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i challenge anyone to a rap mix contest

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 03 @ 5:28 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You mean hip hop? If not what sort of rap?

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 03 @ 5:37 pm
Hip-Hop and Rap are the same unless you want to take it back in time for history.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 03 @ 9:23 am
My interperetation of the two is that rap is a style of vocalising and Hip-Hop is a type of beat. What do I know though.

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 03 @ 3:41 am
loujrHome userMember since 2002
does it matter

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 1:22 am
It does if were going to have a mix contest.

Rap (using the term I know for rap) is very limited in the way you can mix with it.

Because it is a vocal form of music there are two many vocal clashes and not enough instrumental to mix with. This means you can never play both tunes at the same time or it will sound like a mess.

However if you mean hip-hop (and by hip hop I dont mean R&B because R&B by definition is rhythm and blues something I think the youth of today forget when they class hip-hop as R&B). Sorry to go off on a tangent there back to the pint. Hip Hop is much better because of its beat and instrumental nature. You can actually mix very well with it. And because of its tempo around 80 -90 bpm you find that Hip-Hop can be very cunningly mixed with Drum and bass which is usually 160-180bpm (twice that of hip hop). What this actually means is that they are infact at the same tempo because hip hop is a very simplified and slimed down version of a drum and bass beat.

So if you are going to run a hip-hop contest this would be cool.
If rap this would be uncool.

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 1:32 am
Remember that reggae BPM`s it`s also very similar of Hip Hop !!

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 7:29 am
you do not have to get that tecnical its just a mix

Inviato Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 5:45 pm
regge is fine

Inviato Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 5:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)