Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hey there Demo Users

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

its always nice to see such interest in this program called Atomixmp3. I for one am glad to see such an interest in music mixing and the search for the perfect mix. However, I have a question for ALL demo users....When are you going to buy the program?...I don`t ask this so that the owners of Atomixmp3 get more money. I ask it because you all are missing out on the sound effects that you can get with the paid for version. There is absolutly no difference between the paid for and demo versions except the following : A)...No sound effects other than the ones that come with the demo
B)...A nag screen pop up every 1/2 hr or so while using the program...Even if you have a cracked version of Atomixmp3 you can`t get the sound effects...This program in my opinion is worth FAR more than the 60 bucks American being asked for it. Buy the program and become a full member of this forum and enjoy ALL the privileges that us full members have.
In the meantime....Stay in the mix.

Raw-Bear

Inviato Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 12:39 pm

what you are really missing with the demo is the dual soundcard support. atomix on one sound card blows, as the internal sound mixing is not very good. (i believe this is the main feature upgrade of virtual dj).

for me, though, i don't care at all about internal mixing. there is no way i can use a mouse or keyboard as a replacement for a real mixer.

i am still slightly unsure if i would recommend anyone buying atomix with the advent of virtual dj though. pay a bit more and get software that has a more active development.

that said, we did just get an update, which i appreciate. atomix nearly does everything i want. i just wish it had better music cataloging built in, so you could create multiple views on your music collection (not playlists per se, but music style views), and if only you could set the 'history' feature to your own timelimit before it includes a track. and why is the history upside down (last to first)... boo. it would be nice if we could see our own 'personal' charts rather than them just being submitted to atomix (which we can't even see).

but anyway. atomix, the CDJ500-light skin, my external mixer, and i am sorted.

i bought this software in 1999, and it has been fun. i do wish the development had focused more on music support tools, like better views, cataloging, etc, rather than on trying to make it the 'all-in-one' mixing software. but eventually i'm sure you guys will get to it.

Inviato Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 12:01 pm
well..........not all of us can afford virtual dj............and if we can...we can`t afford to up grade to a computer that will be able to handle virtual dj.....thats where i am now...i can`t get a compuer up grade yet....but i agree with you....virtual dj is the way to go if you have the computer and the cash to handle it....for the rest of us peeps out there...we have to stick with atomixmp3....and don`t kid your self...there are/will be some surprises comming out of atomixmp3. (i hope) if i had the $$$ i would buy the rights to atomixmp3 and make some improvements that would take it in a different direction than virtual dj but still be affordable to the house dj.....and thats where i think atomix has a future...for the dj that wants to do his own partys and not spend a lot of $$$$ but still have a good program so he can present a pro look to his clients....thanks for the rant...lol
keep mixing
Raw-Bear

Inviato Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 7:17 am

yeh, well, when i get a minute, i'm going to code up my own one too... i think i will choose linux tho, since it has better performance - making those old laptops come back to life.

the only drawback is i'm up to my eyes doing my phd in artificial intelligence with machine learning, scheduling, to the aim of creating smarter machines to reduce the expertise required to use AI. funny thing about scheduling, its not that unlike music. sequences, beats on different instruments, pattern matching, optimizing... hurm!

btw, for people on older machines, there are some things you can tweak in the skins which change performance. if you arent up for skin tweaking, just keep trying different ones until you get one that causes less skipping.

i am very happy at the moment though. my wife just bought me a new laptop. finally! after years of lugging my desktop out to cow pastures for gigs, now i can show up with my tunes in my backpack. now i just need that extigy and a USB case for my 160gb disc and i am *sorted*!

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 9:02 pm
woo-hoo carchrae
sounds like you are ready to rock.....i have an 80 gig external for my tunes....but be warned.....the external is a little bit slower than an internal...lol...listen to me telling a computer guy...lol...keep mixing and have fun...its about the music

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 11:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)