Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The system

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Well folks I purchased the full version over 1 year ago and havent yet had the money until now to set up this system so that I can mix music and was hoping you guys would help me get up to speed.

I have a Dell PC thats pretty powerful and lots of memory.
I am looking to be able to download music and be able to use Atomix to mix music .

I would like to know what to buy so that I could listen to music on one of the atomix turntables through the computers speakers and be able to mix by hearing the other song that I am going to be mixing only on the headphones.

Right now I have nothing.

I dont have SoundBlaster live 5.1 but I am pretty sure this is the one I want to buy( Dont really know what the job of this apparatus is) .So based on this what do I need to get to get started mixing like a pro?

I am a complete novice so I would appreciate if you would keep that in mind while explaining each thing you suggest I get and if you have the patience what its for and how to connect it.

Ok Let's say I get the Head phones and Sound blaster live 5.1 then what?

I have heard I should get a 3D sound card like philips sonic edge 5.1. Do you agree?

A splitter ?

An external mixer?( Is this part of Sound Blaster Live or no?)

Can anyone tell me what the SoundBlaster Live 5.1 and the 3D sound card and the splitter and a mixer are all for and how they all work together and what they will do?

Where will the Sound blaster go plugged into as well as the splitter and where does the head phones plug into as well.

I know it's alot but like I said I am a complete novice and would really appreciate it. Thanks.

PS. Anything else I need?

Inviato Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 11:31 am

buy an exteral DJ mixer (vestax, numark, etc) and use that option. it is by far superior to using the internal mixer of atomix and it is much easier to do a nice mix using the slider on a real mixer than it is using the mouse.

most 3d sound cards (sb live, etc) support the features you want.

of course, you can go for it just with the extra sound card using the internal atomix mixer, but i say this aint great.

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 9:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)