Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Change the playlists path

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hi i am Bob

I use playlists a lot, i like being prepared. VirtualDJ gives you playlists folder in browser, that's good, but we can not change tha path (C:\ProgramFiles\VirtualDJ\Playlists), which means we have to be very carefull, every time we reinstall, update etc VirtualDJ in our computer. I personally keep my music in different disk or partition than programs, so if ever something happens, i will not be concerned. So changing the path of playlists would be something usefull. Don't forget that VirtualDJ playlists can be played from allmost every player, so keeping playlists into music folders is allways usefull.

Relocating the song's path of a playlist would be also usefull. You use "move to" command to move songs and folder inside database, so you keep your database informed. Why wouldn't be your playlists also informed? A "Relocate song's path" command would be nice.

Thanks in advance Sup.Team

Inviato Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 12:30 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'd like to see the option of changing the playlist path.
And it will no hard for the team, just a line in the registry...
(ok, and some programming too...)

Inviato Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 2:49 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The playlist are independent of were is VDJ. And could be edited by windows notepad also. You could change M:\\ for D:\\ or any other path you want.

We most backup or have a RAID5 or 10 or 50 HD arrange because our music is our EVERYTHING. We can miss that and we do not backup all.

You could backup your playlist in D:\\MUSIC\\Playlist using a batch file to do the job and scheduling to run at "xyz" hours. backing up your VirtualDJ Database.XML and other files.

It's better to put VDJ away of C:\\ In that way you couldn't format reinstalling the system.

I install my programs in an other partition. C for the Windows System, D for Programs and Documents, F With all my Music and Videos.

Inviato Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 5:56 am
I really don't see your point. I mean music and playlists are one. It has nothing to do with the program, not VDJ not any other program. Playlists should be independant. Skins, samples, etc is part of the program, MY playlists are not. (Just a thought..thanks anyway for the replies)

I know a lot of ways managing, changing and updating my playlists, but i would prefer to have my playlists where i keep my music (External HD, portable for home and job)

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 12:54 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djdad,

Sorry I was who don't get your idea first. My solution is were we are with VDJ at this moment, but it doesn't let you (in realtime) have your playlist in other path. I get it. If something happends my playlist are in another place.

As apopsis said, it's another option in the installation (question were we want our playlist) and the integration of the option in the config of VDJ to let us change it anytime.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 7:24 pm
I also use playlists often, but only the ones I created myself and not the ones created by VDJ automatically.

First I deleted the Playlist "Favourite" created by VDJ.
On my mp3 drive I created a folder _PlayLists. Started with a underscore to get it on top of the list. I put all my playlists in there. I created a "Favourite" for this _PlayLists folder.
Maybe this is is a suggestion....
Ewout

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 8:36 pm
good idea Superstorm... i've allready done it ..thanks for the reply.

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 11:46 am
Superstorm..one more question. When you move a song or a folder, for any reason, how do you manage your playlist? I mean how do you edit the song's path (Wordpad or something else?). I wish there was an automatic function , everytime you "move" song or folder, the playlists could get automaticly updated! (How many wishes i've left?)

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 11:49 am
I changed drive letters a couple of times. For this change I did a simple search and replace done by notepad.
All my playlists are created automatically from an Microsoft Access database. I entered all my songs in the database. I linked the songs to certain categories, like 70s, 80s, 80sRock, DanceClassics, etc. Then I create a playlist for each category with the help of a little vb program.
If I move songs around, I also change the database and generate the playlists again.
Ewout

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 7:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)