Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Free still captures for your slideshows or web pages

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

In my blog on here I have uploaded some screen shots from a video I made. They are generic but cool looking. Great for adding your text with Paint (or whatever) and making slides for your VDJ slideshows. For example, if a customer has a birthday, just open the Paint program and add "Happy Birthday Sally!!!!" to the pic and save it in whatever directory VDJ is picking up the slideshow from and it will add it in the mix on the fly. MAJOR positive reaction for this from customers at shows!!!

(Paint is limited but okay for this purpose since it has very little memory overhead.)

Free to use.

Enjoy!

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 12:19 am
BTW for new users, just click on my name next to this message to view the blog and pics.

Also, the message didn't wrap so you have to scroll to the right to see them all.

Just right click the pics you want to use and and Save As.

They should work great for US (NTSC) users since they are the right size (actually captured from SD NTSC video.) I assume they'll be okay for PAL users. (If you don't understand what that means--don't worry it won't effect you. :-)

Don't worry about copyright stuff because I made them and I am granting you all rights to use them at will.

I recommend you make a directory call slideshows with these pics and any others. Then make subdirectories for each place you play at and copy the modified (with your text) versions into those subdirectories. Then just point VDJ to the subdirectory for that night's show and select the first pic and click on slideshow. Really cool.

I make slides like...

Please Tip Your Bartenders
DJ Dan McDermott Karaoke & Dancing Every Friday Night!
Try our late night menu
Try our new late night turkey sub w/ chips $4.00
Have DJ Dan McDermott Host Your Wedding or Private Party. Call 866-xxx-xxxx
Happy Birthday Joey!
Trivia Contest at Midnight!

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 12:32 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Dan it's a good idea, thank for sharing.

NTSC has 30frames for second (fps) and PAL uses 25 fps. The resolution changes too in NTSC DVD is 720x480 in PAL is 720 x 576. But with JPG, BMP, or any other picture file (or with out frames) it doesn't matter if we use NTSC or PAL as our TV standard.

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 6:04 pm
No prob. I agree on the frames per second difference not mattering. I was just guessing that these would be stretched vertically a bit if shown on a PAL set. But the difference isn't that big a deal. The pics are still cool across the ocean and u can't beat the price, lol.

I had one picture that was 3 or 4 units wide to one unit tall and it looked really weird on the VDJ slide show--stretched to the screen size so all the words were really tall. It would be neat if the odd sized slides were letter boxed in the slide show rather than stretched. But I'm very happy that the feature is in there at all.

New feature idea: Function in Virtual DJ to type in a message and it shows up on a slide quickly without having to cut and paste into paint. even if it were white text on a black background or something. I'd love to be able to add a drink of the hour or a happy birthday to so-and-so slide quickly. With the text messaging thing getting so popular (albeit expensive at the moment) you could have your computer hooked into the internet (i do this by bringing my cable modem to my shows and it works anywhere in my cable provider's area) have an email address like djdanlivemsgs@yahoo.com (not a real address) and just check the email account every few minutes and copy and paste the messages into slides. VDJ picks up new slides on the fly without a restart and adds them to the slideshow. You can't remove one though or you'll get a sharing violation.

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 9:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)