Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: streaming with shoutcast

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi Guys'

My server is up now, I am streaming but in the "stream url" section the url says www.virtual.com. I know that the software is sending this info to the server is there somewhere in the software that this can be changed, I want the "url" to point to my site if possible.

Thanks
stream is up now at
http://musicfiles.homeip.net:8000

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 12:27 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hey, im not sure about ur problem, but it has been mentioned before in the forums somewhere...

Btw, how do you set it up so that your IP address isnt shown in the links? so that it is in the more user friendly text version? When i B/C, i have to set up the link with the "raw" IP, which looks cheep and crappy...

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 1:36 am
It's alright... found no-ip.com :o)

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 1:55 am
what I was taking about was on my server status page you will see "stream URL" in the area you see (when I am streaming) the virtuldj.com link and not mine. I want to change this, I know that the info the ther server is getting is from the software but were

If you notice in the example when the server is running the link refers to this web site:

[main] loaded config from C:\Program Files\SHOUTcast\sc_serv.ini
[main] initializing (usermax:32 portbase:8000)...
[main] No ban file found (sc_serv.ban)
[main] No rip file found (sc_serv.rip)
[main] opening source socket
[main] source thread starting
[main] opening client socket
[source] listening for connection on port 8001
[main] Client Stream thread [0] starting
[main] client main thread starting
[source] connected from 192.168.1.2
[source] icy-name:DJ Chris Damon ; icy-genre:R&B,House,Rap,Stepping
[source] icy-pub:0 ; icy-br:96 ; icy-url:http://www.virtualdj.com/
[source] icy-irc: ; icy-icq: ; icy-aim:

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 1:25 am
I know what you mean, tho i'm not sure how to fix it, or even if thats possible. It might be built into the software (VDJ). I searched the sc_serve.ini file for the url settings, and tried changing it to something specific (www.nintendo.com) but it didnt work. still displays the url as www.virtualdj.com in the listeners winamp player. I guess VDJ has to be advertised somehow...

I suppose you could always put the url you wanted into the your name or genre fields?

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 10:19 am
Ya I guess thats all I can do, at least someone understands what I am talking about

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 6:03 am
yeah, sorry i couldnt help you more though

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 4:08 pm

-open in Notepad die sc_serv.ini.
-search function: URLFormat
-post your Url : URLFormat=http://www.youradress.com
-delete " ; " to activate the new" URLFormat=" Adressoption
-save your changes and restastart sc_serv

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 3:31 am
Hello, first time using a forum :-) ....I am using my VDJ to stream but for some reason my Microphone wont broadcast is there a reason for this or will it simply not do that fuction???

Inviato Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 2:10 pm
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
This seems to be the forum I need.
I am using an external mixer with numark V7 controllers. I am trying to avoid serato itch because updating crates are not easy.
Problem: I use an external sound card to stream with itch and need to use it with VDJ also since the broadcast built in to VDJ doesn't work with external mixers(strange). Well VDJ does not list my external sound card as an option in setup.

Any ideas? Help me get free from Itch

Inviato Fri 12 Jul 13 @ 12:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)