Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can I ask a question (revisited)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In a post awhile back one person (not me) asked the forum why America was hated so much in the world. The tread was started before Katrina hit our gulf coast. There were quite a large amount of posts and among one of them was the statement, After the Hurricane Katrina, where were all the other countries to help support relief aide. I ran across this today and felt I just had to put in on here. As one American, for all American's ....... Thank you!!!!

By The Associated Press
Aid offered by foreign countries and groups to help the U.S. with Hurricane Katrina relif efforts, according to the State Dept.

Afghanistan: $100,000 / Albania: $300,000 pledged / Armenia: $200,000 pledged / Australia: $7.6 million / Austria: tarps, camp beds / Azerbaijan: $500,000 / Bahamas: $50,000 pledged / Bahrain: $5 million pledged / Bangladesh: $1 million pledged / Belgium: operations teams, generators, water pumps, nine-member logistical team to work with the Red Cross / Bosnia/Herzegovina: $6,414 pledged / Cambodia: $20,000 pledged / Canada: $5 million pledged to the hurricane relief fund headed by former Presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, two Griffin helicopters, search and rescue teams, Air Canada evacuation flights, supplies, security team, three Canadian forces ships with three Sea King helicopters / China: $5.1 million, 1,000 tents, 600 generators, bed sheets / Cyprus $50,000 / Djibouti: $50, 000 pledged / Equatorial Guinea: $500,000 pledged / Eupropean Commission: Civil Protection, Cooperative Mechanism activated / France: 600 tents, supplies / Gabon: $500,000 / Georgia: $50,000 / Germany: High-speed pumps, supplies / Greece: Two Cruise Ships / Hungary: $5,000 / Iceland: $500,000 pledged to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund / International Committee of the Red Cross: Web-based tracking system for displaced people / India: $5 million; 3,000 each of personal-hygiene kits, blankets and sheets; 150 tarps / Iraq: $1 million pledged to the Red Cross via the Red Crescent *** (Special Thank You). / Ireland: $1 million euro (about $1.24 million U.S.) / Italy: Generators, water pumps and purifiers, tents, supplies / Japan: $200,000; $844,000 in supplies and private pledges of more then $ 1 million / Kenya: $100,000 / Kuwait: $100 million plus an additional $400 million in oil products / Malaysia: $1 million to the Red Cross / Maldives: $25,000 to the Red Cross / Mauritania: $200,000 from the American Mauritania Business Council to the Red Cross / Mexico: 45 truckloads of supplies, transport vehicles, two field kitchens, two helicopters / Mongolia: $50,000 pledged / Morocco: $500.000 pledged / Nepal $25,000 pledged / Netherlands: Levee Inspection team to assist Army Corps of Engineers, water pumps, frigate / New Zealand $1.4 million to the Red Cross / Nigeria: $1 million pledged / Norway: $1.54 million in cash and supplies / Oman $15 million / Organization of American States: $25,000: created fund for donations from member states to the International Committee of the Red Cross / Pakistan: $1 million pledged to the Red Cross, supplies / Palau: $50,000 pledged plus $50,000 donor drive / Papual New Ginea: $10,000 to the Red Cross / Qatar: $100 million pledged / Republic of Korea: $30 million, supplies / Russia: Air transport, generators, tents, blankets, water, water pumps, supplies / Sao Tome and Principe: $18,000 pledged / Saudi Arabia: $5 million from Aramco, $250,000 from AGFUND / Singapore: four helicopters / Spain: relief supplies / Sri Lanka: $25,000 to the Red Cross / Sweden: telecommunications equipment / Taiwan: $2 million, supplies / Thailand: blankets, supplies / United Arab Emirates: $100 million pledged / Uganda: $200,000 pledged / United Kingdom: relief supplies / Venezuela: up to $1 million to the Red Cross and state governments / Vietnam $100,000 to victims / Yemen: $100,000 to the Red Cross

Dang my fingers are tired!
Well that's the list (as of this date 9/11/05) Gee that date seems familar.

Again thank you to all of you out in the world. If your from any of these countries, thank you for the help, if yours is not listed, Thank you for your prayers in what ever religion you may be. Take care and thanks for the care.

And to RED-BEAR ==== Sorry for the mistake in my other post, but I am an old man (but not that old)... thanks for the History Lesson.
CHarman

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 6:16 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you are forgetting Cuba ....Yes Cuba ,they want to help but Mr BUsh don't want help from this country -

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 7:02 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
That's pretty amazing world responce.
Thanks for posting that up.

I haven't heard anything like that here ManTK.
That wouldn't be good PR if it is true.
Anything is possible from that man's mouth.
When the recent fuel crisis came, he told us we all had to drive less.
And most of us only drive to go to work.

We all await the changing of the guard in Cuba, another example of a country held hostage in near poverty by a leader.
That wall will drop someday just like it did in Germany.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 7:13 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This post is exactly what I was meaning to do, to say no one ever helps the U.S is simply unfounded.

Donald rumsfield said about the Iraqi war "I think this is the mother of coalitions", mother?, U.S-UK, hardly the mother of coalitions, but this katrina disaster is indeed "The mother of coalitions", and thank God for that!.

I am also a little furiated to see biased media coverage in the face of such a disaster, but what more can you expect?.

I think alot of countries have used this disaster to 'make' friends with the U.S, I just hope their support/relief/funds will be well noted by the government, and I hope they have more compassion in the future before attacking other countries, maybe diplomacy and reason will be something America will use in the future a little more often, afterall they would look very bad attacking a country that helped them at a time they were more troubled..yes we are all learning from this.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 7:51 pm
Yes I was simply amazed by the reponse of the whole world. It feels good to know that after all we've done for the good of the world that we are getting such a huge response.

MS

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 8:14 pm
Maddsound: hehehe.

I admire your enthusiasm, God bless "the world police", the best of doers!.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 8:20 pm
Yeah something like that!

No I didn't mean it like that. I meant that it's nice to see one receive instead of give. But I do agree with you that maybe alot of countries are doing this hoping to make "friends" with America. Who knows it might work. Regardless from the bottom of MY heart I am grateful.

MS

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 8:25 pm
There will always be many opinions about world politics. Frankly, I don't see where this type of discussion adds much value in a virtualDJ forum. I propose closing the topic.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:20 am
I propose taking note of the forums description:

"Anything about Virtual DJ or AtomixMP3, or not about them*... this a general discussion.
Please be polite and speak with respect. All warez messages, or messages that contains insults will be deleted.
(*) The moderators hold the rights to delete undesired posts."

Plus the fact that most of the users of the forum enjoy democrasy, nice to have a break from music and express our feelings about the worlds key issues, at least for a while.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:26 am
"Sweden: telecommunications equipment"
Hmm.. in swedish media they also mentioned 2 systems for water purification. The help was not accepted though.
Great list of countries willing to help with money and all kinds of things that are needed in that crisis.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:36 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
quote from the list:

Afghanistan: $100,000
Iraq: $1 million pledged to the Red Cross via the Red Crescent ***

What can i say ?...

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 3:25 pm
Two Major developments have taken place today..

over 150 people dead in iraq, hundreds more wounded.

Meanwhile, (and the figures are an amazing coincidence) 150 countries are in talks about terrorr at the worlds most famous table.

Any recent thoughts?

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 6:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)