Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV Pitch Calibration

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I noticed that in VDJ when using TCV and setting my turntable's pitch to 0%, I don't get the pitch adjustment to stay at 0.0% all the time in VDJ. It fluctuates between 0.0% and - or + 0.3%.

In another test, this time with the pitch knob at +3.3%, I aligned the dots on the side of the plate at +3.3%. After looking at still dots, I can see the knob of the actual pitch on the turntable at +4.2% approximately. VDJ reads it around +3.3%. My conclusion is that VDJ reads the actual speed, therefore my turntable rotation is not perfect. My turntables are both used and they don't match each others's pitch. One seems to be better than the other to keep the pitch adjustment to 0.0% (when the knob on the turntable is at 0.0%).

Is there any way I can fix that or is it normal and I should learn to live with it?

Thanks

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 4:00 am
I don't know what happened, but this is actually my post. I think I took too long to write it :o

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 4:01 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
+3 -3 is normal

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 7:43 am
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
well i think what Man-tk wanted say +0.3 and -0.3... Thank you.

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 12:46 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
wel just to voice the other side of the coin ive just bought 2 tt-500's for VDJ and the pitch displayed under the virtual pitch slider. will be between -0.1% and +0.1% and when the pitch slider is at max or min it displays between -8.1% and -7.9%, or 10 or 25 or 50 so i guess VDJ reads the pitch perfectly. on the other hand you cna have your turntable calibrated (if it is an old technics 1200/10 it may be worth getting it serviced to return it to its former glory, however if its old AND rubbish this may not be worth the money.

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 7:39 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

In the case for TTs, the fluctuation is a normal spec of any motor driven, if you uses a beltdrive turntable this pitch have more fluctuation. But it's the same in both TTs so you have a little fluctuation and could do and match your mix with so many troubles. That's the way in the analog world... :-)

Inviato Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 1:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)