Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need Serious Help, I'm gonna shoot somebody.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

O.K ACW or anyone who can help. I know u r gonna read this eventually and you seem very knowledgeable about this software. I Finally bought VDJ and i'm a registered user now(I love VDJ), but i'm going crazy and I need your help.I recently bought a U46DJ Soundcard which seems to be working fine. I have 100% timecode all the time. i'm scratching o.k using timecoded CD. My problem is that my sound keeps skipping and loading time on a track takes forever, so i'm thinking I have a slow laptop(please don't say yes). I'm using a Compaq Presario with Intel Celeron 2.4 GHZ, 1gb ram(I just upgraded my ram from 512mb two days ago and I don't see a difference at all) I tried tweaking my system with the tweak guide found here on VDJ.com, but nothing seems to work for me. Please help. I believe i can now get support right? Please don't tell me I should get a new laptop. But i'm ready for whatever. Hit me.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 10:36 am
Before you go to use all your music, do you already have it saved on the computer? I found that when i was just putting in a cd and just selecting a track from it as i needed, the track on the other deck would be al jumpy and crackly, and the track would take forever to load.. so one weekend i decided to dedicate my Sunday to putting music on the computer from my CDs... and im still not finished.
not sure if that helps at all...
haha either way UNLOAD THE GUN.

sean

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 12:00 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Some bad news about your soundcard
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41018/General_Discussion/Esi_U46DJ_soundcard_issue.html?highlight=u46
Not connected to your problems in anyway.

Loading time is depending from:
1. your cpu, but i can't say 2.4 is not enough so relax..
2. Your hardrive/ide bus speed etc., Are you using an external disk ?
3. If your tracks are already analysed or not (if not do it)
4. Background windows tasks etc.

About sound skipping, give us more information, when it happens, how ?
Are you using other usb devices ?
Lan card? infrared?
(take a look at device manager before answer)

For 1gb ram i advice you to set "max load" (config->general) to 15 or 30 mins.
How big are the tracks you load ?
If you try to load big mixes, its normal to "take forever"
and skipping, vdj load the tracks in memory.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 12:49 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:02 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also, your slow loading could be because you have 'speed load' set to 0 in the registry. Check that out, setting to 1 will make a big difference.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 4:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Holster that side arm captain..., we are a peaceful community :).

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:35 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm loading the tracks straight from my C drive and they are all analysed. The only time it skips or takes forever to load is like during the first hour i turn on the computer or after standby. If i leave the computer on all day, it seems to work fine. But see I can't rely on such habits for a party. The track i'm loading are average 4-5 minute tracks. I tried the speed load thing in regedit but it still didn't work. And also when I go into soundcards(In VDJ Config)and take off the low latency timecode and put it back to regular output to a speaker, the songs load faster than i've ever seen. Could it be a soundcard issue which doesn't make sense to me.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:53 pm
Maybe, your virus scanner is scanning your system at startup?
Have you connected your computer to a network or to the internet, is it by a cable or wireless?

You could try the following:
- Delete Internet history
- Delete Internet cookies
- Switch of all hardware you dont need: Infrared, network cards, wireless network, bluetooth etc
- Check hard disk space on C drive
- Defrag your c drive
- Check the memory usage during the use of vdj or when it skips

If you need any info on how to do this, please ask
Ewout

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 7:49 pm
Can I make an observation here? Because i had and am having a similar issue as some of you may have read. I have 2 harddrives. 1 partitioned into two 100 gig drive letter and the other "my c drive" seperate. I have about 25,000 mp3s on the e drive and 13000 karaoke on my f drive (seperate drive) and while I am getting up and running I have about 65 gig of music videos on my c drive, the same drive I have VDJ installed on. I thought I had fixed the skipping issue on my new system but it comes back every now and again. Very faint though. And only (i think) when I load those videos from the c drive. The c drive bocome very fragmented. I defrag and the skipping goes away. In 3.1 is there something different where if you load tracks from the same drive where vdj is it can cause the program to skip? Is that possible? Just a thought. I am trying anything. I had tracks on my laptop with 2.06 and that never happened. Please let em know your thoughts.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 7:56 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
With videos you can win cpu usage by disable in the vdj settings "decode while hidden"

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 8:02 pm
Just don't shoot the kids. When the gun is empty, sit on the curb, with the gun in your mouth, and keep pulling the trigger. This will help with your defense. On a serious tip, vantinedj I don't know jack, but was told early on; it was better to have you your music and programs on seperate drives. Why make one drive try to do both, at the same time? Yeah, you can do it, but what works best? It just sounds like a good idea to me, so thats what I have done.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 8:36 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 10:35 pm
I was having a similar problem.... do me a favor... disable timestretch....set the max load setting to none, then also set reactivity to slow... Slowly up the settings one by one until the problem happens again....

this worked for me...

-Steve

Inviato Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 8:54 am
I finally got everything to work perfectly, I'm loading my mp3's from a hard drive now and I dedicated my laptop to VDJ only. I uninstalled everything else. It's working fine now thanks everybody.

Inviato Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 11:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)