Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How I mount my xp10

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

By now you've all seen the new coffin setup that I am currently giging with, it looks like this:

http://www.anewsome.com/2005-11-11%20New%20DJ%20Setup/MVC01369-0.jpg

Well someone asked me privately more detail about how I mounted the xp10s on there so I thought I'd share with everyone.

If you're planning on doing somethign like this, I recommend that you first get some sheets of 12"x12" 1/8" thick ABS plastic. I happened to have a couple sheets of this stuff laying around so I was all set. Search ABS plastic on eBay, you'll see this stuff is not hard to get in your hands.

The other parts I used were plumbing flanges and a couple small pieces of pipe, threaded on each end. I actually ended up buying 3 different lengths of pipe since I didn't know how high I wanted the xp10 to sit in the air. I have a pretty good compromise in height now. As you can see in the picture, the xp10 sit slightly higher than the laptop. This is the height I will stick with. I can still access all the buttons on the DZ1200 and most importantly, I can remove the xp10 and platform from threaded pipe, leave the pipe screwed into the lower flange and still fit the lid on to the coffin without removing the threaded pipe.

The lower flange is mounted to a 12"x12" sheet of ABS plastic and the DZ1200 sits on the ABS plastic to keep it all in place. That's pretty much it. I've made a crude drawing to demonstrate what's going on here:

http://www.anewsome.com/xp10mount.gif

Yes I do know how to make a drawing with a computer program, but I am at work and it was easier to sketch it out and fax it to myself. All in all, this is working out great. Highly recommended setup if you're into scratching and need to consume as little space in the club (and your car) as possible.

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 7:28 pm
anewsome maybe its me but looking at your setup pic (very nice gear I must say)

but aren't the cd decks sitting a little high? normally (at least with tts) the flat surface (not the platter) are supposed to be even to the mixer's plate.

is it your own personal preference to have them slightly higher?
oh and please tell us about the scratch hehe does it really sound as bad as that video shows?

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 7:52 pm
The scratch that you saw in the video sounds bad because of the video camera microphone record the sound over the speakers. Not a good setup.

Before I mounted the xp10 in the coffin, the CD players used to set exactly flush with the top of the coffin edge, flush with the mixer. The plate of plastic under the DZ1200 raised them up slightly. Not really much I can do about that, and I don't mind it. It does look better when everything is completely flush (and a biggger mixer as well).

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 11:30 pm
I don't think we're talking about the same video anewsome. The one from DJ Scandal where the scratch sounds really horrible beside the Pioneer and Denon decks. Where he demonstrates with and without master tempo on/off.

I figured it might be the place causing that but if you have some foam under the decks you can always try to cut a square out of the foam to lvl the decks evenly (unless that was already done).

I have done that to store the Maya 44 USB as well as a 3 socket extension so that my tts and mixer are connected to it and I just need to connect 1 cable directly to the roadcase.

Inviato Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 12:40 am
Anewsome,

Thanks. You did answer my questions. One more though... Do you have a scratch video somewhere so I can take a look? I will be getting the XP10's this month. Just a matter of where I order from. PS... Great setup.

Thanks.
Killabee44

Inviato Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 2:36 am
whiteDVL,. I know the video you are talking about. Yes the video makes the technics decks look bad compared to the Denon and Pioneer decks. None of that stuff applies to me though, since I am just running timecode CDs on my decks.

Killabee,.. I do have a few videos but I am not a scratch guy so there are no real scratch videos. I have videos of me mixing,.. which is like 4 seconds of scratch followed by 4 minutes of song and so on.

Inviato Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 7:01 pm
alright thanks a bunch anewsome

and keep posting in here man I love listening to your stories and if I ever fly down to california I'll make sure to drop by your booth.

DJ White Devil

Inviato Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 7:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)