Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: new to VDJ ~

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lilly and I am from Fl.
I got VDJ as a Christmas gift. I love it. I have always thought that DJing (lol)
was such an art forum. I have known a lot of DJ's and when I go to the clubs I
always watch the DJ at work. I can't wait until I am good at this. I know it will
take a lot of practice.

Inviato Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 4:57 pm
Welcome,
just keep practising and I wish you happy mixing.
Ewout

Inviato Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 5:38 pm
Thanx Ewout ~

Does anyone have any advice for a beginner?

Inviato Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 10:01 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Inviato Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 10:07 pm
Thank you for the advice erxon !
You all seem like a great group of people

Inviato Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 10:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Welcome... and practice is the best lesson.

I'm sure if you have any problems feel free to ask, this is a great place and people to match.

I promise if you ask me i will not rhyme or talk like a fortune cookie anymore. :)

Merry Christmas!

Inviato Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 11:09 pm
Lucky lucky. I hope Santa is nice to me too! The only advice that I can give you is that in about 2 hours you will have all the basics down to be a "DJ". After that its like listen2 and everyone else here so far has said. PRACTICE !! Try new things. Don't stick to one type of music. Try to commit to about 1/2 hour of mixing a day. You will find that once mixing you will end up spending a few hours at it. Do this every day. Record your mixes and play them back so you can hear where you have muffed it or where you could improve it. Let your DJ peers hear your mixes and get some feed back off them. Above all, if you love what you are doing and like to see people have fun you will find this a VERY rewarding career.

Good luck and keep the mix tight...or phat...or smooth....or...what the heck....just keep mixing.

Inviato Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 5:39 am
Welcome Lilly. The most important thing about DJing is the love and feel for music. You have to really feel it and respect it's powers. Powers to make your horrible day turn great or make you truely reflect on life through it. Lilly have fun with the software and ask as much as you want.

MS

Inviato Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 6:35 am
Thanks to everyone :-)
Yesterday I was messing around with VDJ
all day.... and when I went to bed all I could hear were
beats and loops LOL it was pretty funny.
Music is and does just that maddsound :-)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !

Inviato Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 1:00 pm
Hi Lilly
Welcome to the world of being a Virtual Dj..

You joined this world when things are a lot better,mixing is not such a art form anymore Virtual dj has made it that most people can join this world??

The only thing Virtual dj does not supply and that is passion,if you have that you will be up there with the top guys in the future.. all the best

Cheers musicmatch

Inviato Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 7:20 pm
Do not be fooled into thinking that because you can mix 2 beats together, you will be a great DJ. It's true that technology has made it easier for any idiot to mix a couple of sets. But does that mean that the sets are any good? I don't think so. If that was the case, everybody would make Danny Tenaglia, or Junior Vasquez money. Programming is and has always been the thing that sets most of us apart. Playing the top 50, requires no skills at all. You and the other 50 DJ's in your area, are all playing the same top 50 tracks. What do you do after that? You can only play what you know, and there was music before 1990. If you have never heard of Manu Dibango, D Train, The Gibson Bros., or Love & Kisses, how can you drop them in a mix? This is not the Matrix, where you can download years of music to your brain. Know your music, get as much knowledge as you can, because that is where the art form is. I just came out of "Don't Cha by the PDs" with "Let's Get It Together by El Coco" and into "Shake by Ying Yang Twins". Since real musicians are in El Coco, the beats are not exact, but I know where and when to loop, and mix. I also know that there are customers here that will appreciate that track, or it would have been useless. So, if you are going to play the top 50 tracks, yes in a month you will sound like most, making perfect little mixes. If you want to excel, learn all different types of music, learn to read your dance floor, and practice, practice, practice. Me, i'm lucky. I get to practice 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Inviato Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 10:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)