Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What does this mean?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have a pentium 4 with HT. Weird thing happened. I just looked at the system info and it said pentium4 3.20ghz, 1.85ghz. then later on i checked when running vdj it said. 3.20ghz, 3.19ghz. What does this mean?

Inviato Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 11:20 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This means that you're probably running a laptop with an Intel Centrino processor which features the step down technology. It clocks down your CPU to save extend runtime on battery.

Inviato Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 2:56 am
ABNORM, centrino is only a platform (using pentium M CPU, chipset and wifi) having speedstep technology but
this is probably Pentium 4 mobile as Pentium M's are not so fast nowadays. so if you are runnign on batteries or don't need the full power of cpu it clocks down automatically, this settings can be set in bios and also in the power setting of your computer (mobile, always on, max battery) please note that this options not only changes the harddrive poweroff timeout and monitor timeout, but also affect the performance of the mobile cpu's.

Inviato Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 6:36 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

A Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz in a laptop have a speedstep technology which Lopez already have been well explain.

To Run the full power of CPU and Performance is better for us to run laptops as "Desktop or Office Use" in the Power Options Menu (In Control Panel).

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 12:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)