Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stereo line in on laptop for broadcasting

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can someone help me out with this?

For broadcasting, can I hook my mixers output to the port in the laptop that has a picture of a mic? My laptop has 2 holes. one for a mic and one for headphones. I don.t know much about soundcards but I think this is the laptops soundcard. I don't know if it's stero or not. I would think that since I am going from (Left & Right) out the mixers master output to a Y adapter with a 1/8" jack, it would not make a difference. Can I hook my mixer up to my laptop this way? Can this work for broadcasting?

I also have the Maya44 usb external soundcard and my tt's are hooked up to the inputs of that. the outputs are hooked up to the mixer, and the usb soundcard is of course hooked up to the laptop.

Just need to get sound INTO the laptop so I can broadcast OUT to the internet and to all of you.

Inviato Sat 14 Jan 06 @ 7:18 am
You can use an external mixer and then route the signal back into the PC for broadcast.....

BUT... you can most probably NOT use the MIC-in.. you need a soundcard that has LINE-in. Mic in is pre-amped often, and mono as well. You can try, as some PC's have hybrid mic/line-in.... But most likely it wouldn't work, and give you bad sound.

If you have a line-in at soundcard, all you do is take the signal from master out at your mixer and use cables to route that into line-in at souncard. Then you set Virtual DJ to broadcast from line-in, in record settings.

If your soundcard does not have a line-in, you can always get an external cheap usb soundcard with line-in

Hope that helps ;)

Inviato Sat 14 Jan 06 @ 12:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)