Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best settings on VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey all, Iam using the Numark CM200 USB mixer, and i need to know, what you all do with the gains on VDJ, should it be unchanged, always match at some value or always zero?
And what about the gains and faders in the mixer?
Thanks

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 9:26 am
Anyone?

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 3:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I just noticed you used the word CM200 usb and gain in the same sentence, lol.
That card has no gain at all imo.
VDJ seems to sound best at -7 or below imo.
In fame settings set the Auto Gain to "always match"
You may have to set the gain at the beginning of the gig once, but it should lock after that.
I find that most of the time mine runs -7 to -11 and I never have to mess with it initially at all.

As far as mixer gains are concerned, once vdj is running bring up the line gain up for that channel with the slider open full until it just spikes red once in a while on the VU.
Then control the volume with the main out.

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 3:40 pm
"
That card has no gain at all imo."
I dint get you...
Can you explain?
Thanks

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 5:02 pm
Cards have different sound qualities.
Some cards have control panels for adjustment some don't.
If you heard a Waveterminal you would know what I mean.
It just sounds full and rich over a standard card.
I had one of these mixers and returned it because of quality issues with interference and gain.
I had to run the gain all the way up full to see VU readings and was not able to peak the line signals.
It was just weak.

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 5:21 pm
Oh ok, What would you suggest for a good mixer in the same price range then?
Thanks

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 5:29 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For best sound quality gain is best left off so each track is at it's default value and not changed in software, adjust the difference on the mixers gain. This is for the best sound quality, but auto gain is very useful so it's a trade off between sound quality and a useful feature, again this is being fixed.

Low budget mixers, behringer everytime, they offer alot of bang for your buck, Numark are quite good too..

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 5:50 pm
The Rane MP2 is excellent and small.
If you want sound cards, the Rane MP4.
I don't know what the problem is with the Newmark, I have had 2 Behringers that wore out.
I ran my Waveterminal into the CM 200 eliminating the sound cards and still had hum and hiss and pops.
That was all it took, not impressed, I even added a ground cable to the unit with no luck.
Then I bought a Pioneer DJM 3000 and love it.

As far as the fame settings go, I want the gains to match so I don't have to adjust each and every track that loads. I want to prevent the track from coming in loud enough to distort which is below -5 at least.
This is particularly important with Screenplay video which adds gain compared to Promo Only.
It's not the end all setting, try it yourself and see what works best for you.

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 6:09 pm
Ok mp3jrick, I think You forgot that i mentioned "same price range"....lol
Thanks anyways.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 1:40 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)