Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules DJ Console MK2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on these boards and basically i am looking for opinions on the Hercules DJ Console MK2. The reason i ask is, i ordered one between christmas and new year and was told on the 4th january delivery was expected that week but it still hasn't turned up, now it appears that the company i am ordering from wont be recieving it themselves till the first week in february which basically means it's going to have taken over a month to complete the order. Now i'm a little bit annoyed at being apparently lied to by these people and to be honest as i am spending in the region of £180 i expect faster and more honest service so i am considering cancelling the order. So i am asking the people who know ( you guys ) is it worth the wait?? or should i just forget it? alternatively does anyone know anywhere in the UK that actually has them in stock that i could turn to?

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 10:43 am
hi voodoo:
i actually like the hercules dj console mk2 better than the xp10!!!

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 2:51 pm
Hi, I'm in the same situation as you but had ordered on the 1st of this month. Originally most sites estimated they would get stock of the HDJC on the 16/01/06, this has now become the 01/02/06 which is quite disappointing. There is only one site where I found they have stock of the HDJC but I chose not to order from there because they cannot guarentee the condition of their sale items; these consoles come from their retail shops rather than their warehouse.

http://www.dawsonsonline.com/live/rhtProd.php5?&prodId=00049789

The price here is £149.99 plus £9.99 for delivery.

Personally I've ordered from amazon.co.uk at £144.99 and free delivery, although I probably won't receive it until the beginning of February. Dabs.com have a similar price so if you don't like amazon, you could give them a try.

Finally, there's thomann.de which is a german company, it will cost you about £160 inc. shipping to order from there and they expect a short delivery time, i.e. they can get hold of stock 2-5 days from when you place your order.

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 3:15 pm
Hello all. I do demo work for the North American distributor of the Hercules DJC. I'm not sure who distributes for Europe and am sorry to hear of the difficulty you're finding in getting a unit. I believe you'll be pleased when you're finally able to get one.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 7:14 am
Voodoo,

I got the Her MK2 CONTROL edition just before christmas (same as the MK2 Console, just w/o the soundcards asw Im just a bedroom dj)

The Herc has helped me enjoy the process much more than the software alone. The only "issues" I have had are: a) Issues with cables and ME tripping over them while heading out to the kitchen (I really need to move them) and b) learning to use some of the functions of the software and hardware combo. The Herc has made the entire process MUCH easier for me. 20 years ago i used to spin records at a club from time to time and the feel of the dials and sliders is much more comfortable and quicker than using my mouse.

Hope that helps.

Peace,
James Rose
New York City

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 5:32 pm
I received an email from amazon today saying that they expect a one or two week delay so I cancelled the order and ordered from dawsonsonline where it cost me £15 more, £159.98 in total. They're site says they have stock so hopefully everything will go smoothly, I'll let you know.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 7:56 pm
I just want to join in and say I'm very happy with my MK2 console too ;)
Its a neat little controller for VDJ, and a great soundcard ;)

And if you ever want to "expand" it perfectly support connecting real hardware (cdplayers/turntable), both for regular audio use, and timecode use ;)

So... happy as can be ;)

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 10:36 pm
cyes67rPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i like the djconsolemk2 more than the first one.you can also purchase the mk2 from www.pssl.com they always have them on stock.the jogwheels are better than the 1st one anothe good feature it has that you can plug your tt or cdjs into the back to mix your mp3s with cds,vinyl or use the tcvs.does anyone knows where i can buy the tcvs in the U.S

cyes67r@yahoo.com

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 1:18 am
Hi everyone,

OK here's where it all stands so far, after reading your replies i discovered that the place i was actually ordering from was charging about £30 more than anywhere else so i had a look at some of the links you guys kindly supplied and i have gone down the same road as Andrew i've just got off the phone with one of the dawsons music stores who are now holding a DJ Console MK2 in my name ready for me to go and pick it up tomorrow WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks for all your replies

Voodoo

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 11:41 am
Just wondering how things worked out for you? I'm still awaiting my HDJC which was supposed to arrive today :(

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 6:02 pm
Hi Andrew,

Sorry about the delay in answering, Basically i looked at the Dawsons site you supplied the link to and the nearest store that had any in stock was Reading ...roughly 100 miles from me, luckily i had the day off work the following day so i reserved one over the phone paying a 50% deposit and went down the next day and paid the 2nd half in cash. They where very friendly and helpfull and as you can see by my shiny new icon its all plugged in, installed and registered and I LOVE IT. Still practicing with it at the moment but its so much easier to use VDJ with it than without it although i'm still getting used to not having to use the mouse to launch tracks etc.

Hopefully you'll get yours soon but i think i can say its worth the wait

Stay Safe
Voodoo Ash

Inviato Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 3:49 pm
Thanks for the reply, no problem about the delay, glad you like the HDJC :)

Received mine today (also have the shiny new icon hehe) and am really loving being able to use my timecoded vinyl at last; I won't upgrade to professional for the time being however until the scratching sounds less digitalised - even with a time limited demo this is extremely noticable!

I have had some problems with the console though. When transporting it, a moving piece inside is clearly audible, this is quite worrying, surely a brand new item shouldn't have lose objects inside! Also the grounding sockets at the rear are of terrible quality, when twisting the top section off, the whole socket tries to detach itself! Make sure to have pliers handy should you ever need to use it.

For anyone else in the UK looking for a DJC2, Dawsons seem to be the only place in the UK selling them (although you can try thomann if you don't mind importing); everytime I've contacted Dawsons they've been very helpful as Voodoo Ash has described earlier.

Inviato Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 10:57 pm
I had a loose thing inside my first console1, and was a bit worried too... :) But still have it, and its been running 3x a week and still no problem... guess its a screw or something.

But if you run into problems, simply return it.

As for the digital scratch sound, that is fixed in the upcomming version soon to be released ;)
And so is MANY other timecode improvements :)

Inviato Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 2:43 pm
It seems to be working ok and its reassuring to know that the build quality of your mk1 console has been good; I'll keep the unit as everything works ok and it should have a years warranty should anything go wrong.

Another useful feature which the HDJC2 has for TCV users is the ability to bypass VDJ and play your original vinyl at the press of a button. This should result in better audio quality than using VDJ's bypass mode but I'm not an audio expert so I can't be too sure; whatever the case, it's still a very handy feature.

It's a shame that the jogwheels are not touch sensitive although you can use the centre stick to cue and that is touch sensitive; unfortunately it is too sensitive to cue very accurately but you can press it down and then cue with the more accurate jog wheel using one hand, once you release the stick your song will continue to play as if you released a vinyl. I find this better than having to play/pause the cued deck as I have a habit of scratching the first beat before I beatmatch.

Inviato Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 9:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)