Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using x-fader for video?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can you use the mixers crossfader to control video?

I use turntables, tcv and mixer with VDJ.

How can I load mucic videos, play them with tcv and when I go from one turntable to the next one with my mixer, get the video to change from the current video (tt 1) to the new video (tt 2) using my mixer's crossfader?

Can this be done?

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 7:24 am
norway posted how to make your arrow keys on your keyboard do the video crossfade. I tried it, and it works. You won't be able to get your DJ mixer to do the crossfade though, unless the mixer is also a midi controller and the crossfader is mapped to the video crossfade.

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 7:36 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anewsome

1st... Sorry for what u going thru.

2nd.. I want to get a controler. thinking about the Behringer. Check your private messages.

3rd.. I don't know anything about mapping. Don't even understand the concept.

4th.. I'll check Norway's post.

5th... Thanx

DJ CITY

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 9:19 am
What you need to do is use the keyboard command :

video >> video_crossfade >> vaule + 128 >> asign that to a key or/and a midi command

same as above, but use the value -128 and asign that a different key

There you go, shortcut for video crossfader;)

@Dj City, since you are pretty new to VDJ, all commands are found inside the "keyboard shortcuts" tab in Virtual DJ settings. You can map almost anything to a key at your keyboard, or external midi controller. When you have choosen a command, you simply press the key you want to use (and that is not in use for any other function) or simply press a button on your midi controller

hope that helps:)

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 3:04 pm
djcity, if I can do it, you can do it. I don't know jackshit, but it works like a champ for me. BTW, djnorway, the value you gave 128, is that controling the speed? I would like to speed it up a little.

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 7:45 pm
yes ;) higher value = higher speed (or steps actually)

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 7:52 pm
Thanks, will give that a try. Yep, it works.

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 8:22 pm
I've tried that +/-128 value for the Vcrossfader and bound it to my keyboard. I changed it a little and got a nicer effect. I use a much smaller value than +/-128 (eg. 16 or 32) and hold down the key its bound to for a slow video transition.

I'm looking to improve that technique a little bit. When I hold down the key do do to slow fade, it takes a second to kick in. Kinda like when you hold down a key in a word processor program, it takes a second before it starts repeating. Has anyone found a more effective way to do a smooth video fade? I use an independant mixer, so the linking it to the audio fader is not really an option.

Inviato Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 10:37 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
there are many companies that sell DIY midi components. you buy a midi 'brain' and as many rotary encoders, sliders, buttons and switches as you want. you could do what ether norway or cyder did and put a MIDI corssfader rite next to the normal fader so you can chose to do it separately or together. if your willing to mess up your computers keyboard (for example if you need to type in a song in the search eg gazolina and have it come out like ggggaaazzzzoollliinnnaaaa) you can turn the repeat dellay down in windows settings.

Inviato Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 12:45 am
The automatic video crossfading feature built into my DAC-3 mapper is great for external mixer users who don't have 3 hands to operate a deck, mixer and MIDI crossfader all at the same time!

By pressing SHIFT+PLAY, it automatically smoothly fades to the appropriate channel over a given number of beats. You need a DAC-3 controller though to be able to use it. It would be great if a similar feature could be added to VDJ itself as a shortcut.

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 5:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)