Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual Dj Saved my life....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

27 January 2006...
I had just finished packing my desk and headed home with no idea of what I was going to do now that my job, car were now history...the last weekend that I could take home my company car..
16:45 I made my first stop at the local and had a couple pints to calm down...
left around 6 and arrived home closed up the windows n doors powered up my system and played .... as I always do when things are troubling...had made plans to be in town at 9 to drown the sorrows and let the hair down...
played sum more showered got dressed and was about to be on my way when I could not get a song off my mind ...I had time ?? one more mix ?? yea I could have a quickie ! powered up again and man ! how I played ! ! before long the arms were up the feet were going and I was higher than the clouds ..... completely free ! the 30 min that passed felt like 3 ! I was late ! out the door and on my way...... traffic was a stand still halfway to town... roads were a bit wet and an accedient was up ahead .... a car had a blow out and went through all 3 lanes 2 lives lost 4 cars involved.... the vehicle lost it 30 min ago....exactly when I should have been gone .... maybe I may have missed been sooner than the crash....before it ?....coincidence .... I took the next off ramp headed home ... my night was over.... can't say that I'm not lucky but I am blessed....
thank you all ! I now have a quick spin before I go even if its only at low volumes and its just one quick spin spin...but I'm sure that I would have been drinking a lot more, been more upset and possibly driving like a fool had I not have had my music...my vdj familly.....the fuel that runs my soul !
humbly
spider

Inviato Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 2:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Spider,

We never now What if .... I'm glad you are safe and you could spin with VDJ. We really don't now all the means of our life or others, but when we look the past and then look the present, some things are answered now others will be in the future.

I really think you are going to be better, cheer it up and smile, you are alive and you are fine, you got a new work in no time.

Best Wishes!

Inviato Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 4:22 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Woah man...scary stuff.

Glad you're ok mate...:o)

P

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:02 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
virtual dj made me late for dinner the other night, stupid military clock lol

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:42 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thats all well an good but you should still NEVER drink and drive, period.

Rory

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:54 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
couple means 2, just so you know. and pints means larger prbably, and (in the UK atleast) your cool to drive after an hour if youve had a couple of pints (atleast in theory).. i souldnt advocate driving at all if you dont want to die cause your like 3 times as likely to die in a car than u are on the buss (although ironicly if you do so your more likely to get hit by the bus your waiting for than die by any other cause) how random. i love the muppets on websites that have nothing better to do than compile statisitcs.

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 2:07 am
@ Rory... could not agree more with you ! ergo it was 2 single spiced gold and cokes.... "couple pints" were easier to write,

I'm doing much better today than yesterday...started to read some books to sort things in my life out...and I recommend 2 books to anyone who is feeling life has delt u a bad hand at the moment ....
1st being ...
"who moved my cheese?" - Dr Spenser Johnson
2nd ...
"the way of the dog" - geoff burch

there u go boys ! one thing I can do for u right now...

so I leave u with this...."you should not worry about tomorrow.....it can take care of its self ! .... after all today was the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday !"

c,')
spider

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 9:38 pm
I read //"who moved my cheese?" - Dr Spenser Johnson// years ago...

It's quite good, because with few pages and easy read way you learn what can happen if you continue with the monotony, and that you have to look for new goals.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)